Ch-18 ★Blurred

Ch-18★Blurred

[Jay]

West Wale Prison Station, London

“What would be the price?”

She smiled; her arms rose and her fingers were jabbed at my heart. I could feel the damn machine beat. “You,”

Seconds ticked by, yet I couldn’t stop staring. She certainly didn’t mean that.

“You’re kidding, right?” I laughed, clutching my stomach. “God, you’re sense humor always gets me,”

She looked the least bit amused- instead, there was this strange craze in her eyes. It was terrifying me- because that look-I wish I could deny it but it reminded me of myself. Melody.

“You can’t be serious,” Before I knew it, I was the one backing away from her and she was the one advancing towards me. “You can’t do that,”

“Oh, you don’t worry about that,” That smile wasn’t dimming on her face, instead it was growing bigger and bigger. “All you have to do is sell yourself to me,”

“Why?” Damn, I knew the answer. Damn, I could understand what she was going through. Damn, I wish things could be different. “Why do you want me?”

She shrugged, averting her eyes from my face; she turned around, her back facing me.

 I waited for her to respond but she never did. The shallow sound of her breaths and then my own were the only things that could be heard.

After what felt like an eternity, she spoke-though it was not an answer I was looking for. “Some questions don’t have answers,”

“You don’t want me, Aulaura, trust me. I’m not worth your time,”

She turned around; her eyes were red, burning with rage- and soon subtle amounts of sorrow- the ash of her rage. “I know you’re not worth. I know that,” Her eyes were betraying her- they couldn’t stop the tears...and I hated seeing her cry.  “You’re like the others. You just want my money,”

“It’s not like that. I’m sorry; Aulaura but I really don’t have a choice,”

She was the one to laugh this time. “Mr. Rockstar doesn’t have a choice. The world’s biggest Rockstar doesn’t have a choice. Do you really except me to buy that crap?”

“Yes,” I replied, honestly.

She looked taken aback. The expression on her face softened. “You know Jay,” Her eyes were locked with mine, her eyebrows were furrowed together, she looked confused, worried and ...I don’t know. “I won’t be able to understand you until you tell me everything. That’s your problem you just don’t let anyone get close enough,”

“I have my reasons,” If she only knew...

“You sure do and so do I,”

One of the guards, walked inside the cell. “Miss, you’re time’s up,” He looked in between Aulaura and me for a second before leaving.

“Meet me at Misty Café tomorrow morning,” Aulaura spoke in a rush. “I’ll give you fifty five million pounds-“

“For selling myself,” the words sounded bitter.

“Yah,” she replied offhandedly. “I’ll have the contract and everything ready,”

“You seriously don’t know what you’re doing,”

She smiled. “I agree,”

“Why are you doing this?” I ran an agitated hand through my hair.

“I have no idea,”

The same guard stuck his head through the door. “Miss, please hurry up. There is someone else who wants to meet Mr. Walters,”

“One sec,” She shot back, desperately.

“The decision is yours Jay. Choose wisely,” There was an urgent look in her eyes. I knew she wanted me to sell myself. She knew that I didn’t have a choice.

“Take care,” The softness of her voice caught me off guard. She planted a quick kiss on my cheek before rushing out the cell’s door.

 With that, she left me to decide the twisted fate lines running in between us. Instead of feeling worried, I felt strangely blissful, my fingers brushed across the side of my cheek she had just kissed.

Good Lord, I seriously don’t know what was happening.

~*~*~

 [Aulaura]

God, I seriously don’t know what I’m doing. Everything inside my head was blurred.  I rushed out Jay’s cell; on my way out I bumped into someone- it was a women, her face was hidden under a red shawl, only her dull, blue eyes were visible. She looked familiar. Before I had chance to apologize, she swiftly walked inside the cell.

Who was she? And why did it feel like I’ve meet her before?

.

.

.

.

.

.

Note: Hold the tomatoes. I know you guys are about to kill me for updating after so long but I have my reasons...the next update umm...once I get sufficient comments on this chapter then I’ll add the next one. Sigh. Yo! Anyone reading this. Oh I love long comment. ( as you can see, my mind is pretty dead right now so…)