Ch-28 ★Murdered

Ch-28 ★Murdered

             [Aulaura]

“Because I love you,” His eyes hold my gaze for a second.

            I felt numb.

Jay- his eyelids fall to a close, a smile played on his lips. I wanted to cry but I couldn’t.  Underneath us, the grass was stained red. It wasn’t my blood but it felt like I was the one bleeding.

            His face was pale as a ghost.

He couldn’t do this to me. No, he couldn’t.

*~*~*~*~

            West Palm Beach, Florida

            Jay slept soundly on the hotel’s bed. The doctor had said the injuries weren’t serious. His back had taken most of the impact in the hit which had caused him to lose conscious. There was a large gash running down the length of his spine. It was horrible and it’s all my fault.

            If it weren’t for my stupid idea to go skydiving, none of this would have happened. I screamed my lungs out at my trainer for being irresponsible and giving me a faulty parachute.

My heart stopped when I remembered the incident. Jay threw himself before me. Why would he?

            Because he loved me- I couldn’t believe it. Yes, even after Jay had jeopardized his life for my sake I couldn’t believe him.

            Why?

Because I was scared, I couldn’t be lucky enough to have him love me back. I just couldn’t be that lucky.

            Jay shifted in bed. Instantly I shot up from the chair I had been sitting in and ran over to his side. He rose from the bed, groaning. I placed my arm around his shoulder, helping him sit up.

            I moved away once he was properly seated. “How are you feeling?” I asked him.

His eyes snapped in my direction, he looked surprised. “Aulaura, where are we?”

            “At the hotel. Why?”

He shook his hand- the blanket fell off his chest, revealing the white rolls of bandages wrapped around his mid-section.

            “Must be the morphine, I feel doped,” He muttered under his breath, gripping his head.

“Do you want some water?”

            “No, I’m fine. You tell.  Are you okay?” His eyes scanned my body for injuries.  I felt blood rush to my face.

            I pressed a hand against my bandaged cheek. “Just a small cut other than that I’m fine,”

“Okay,” He smiled, the slight stubble around his jaw stretched as he moved his cheeks apart.

            An awkward silence fell between us. I stared at my feet as though they were the most interesting things on earth.

            “What I said-“Jay started, I looked up. There was this strange fear in his eyes as he watched me. My heart pounded in my chest as I waited for him to the say the words.

            Suddenly there was a soft knock on the door; I rushed to it, not glancing back as I went. It was Victoria, the manager of my father’s resort.

            “There’s a small celebration going down at the resort. The staff would really like it if you and Mr. Walters could join us,” She spoke politely, her hands folded at the front of the blue dress.