Ch-9 ★Ghost of the past

[Aulaura]

Whenever you meet someone from your past, you would say 'this world is a small place'.  I wouldn't say this world is small place but the ghost from your past will definitely come back and haunt you. It could be a person or an event. In one way or another they will enter your life again, leaving you confused, sometimes solving your problems or creating a mountain more. There is one thing for sure, the past will always be the past, it can never effect your present or so I thought.

Vivan, my ex-boyfriend who was also a doctor sat next to Jay on his large, king sized bed. I don't get why Mr. Smith, my dad's chauffer, had to send Vivian over to check Jay. When I called Mr. Smith, I had told him to send a doctor. I didn't tell him to send Dr. Vivan D'Souza .He could have sent any other doctor but no, he had to send him here. Dang it.

Things were really getting awkward. Why wouldn't they? My ex-boyfriend had dropped by when I was in some random guy's house. Not that Jay was any random guy. He was Jay Walters for god sake! Control the hormones Aulaura, keep them in check but I couldn't.

Why did Jay have to look so adorable while he slept? He had his mouthy slightly agape. The dense forest of black hair lay unevenly against his forehead. While he chest rose and fell in an even manner making his muscles look more toned. Gosh if I kept on looking at him, I don't I'll be able to control myself.

I turned my attentions towards Vivan. He sat on the corner of the bed with his shoulder in a stiff stance. He usually did that when he was nervous or felt uneasy. He had cropped off his long blond hair into a short, army cut. A pair of large framed spectacles lay on the bridge of his straight nose. Vivan placed his stethoscope by Jay's chest. There was a slight frown on his face. I hope Jay is alright.

I let out low sigh, closing my eyes. I leaned my back against the cream colored walls crossing my arms over my chest. I really don't get why Mr. Smith sent him. Mr. Smith knew my parents hated Vivan.

When we were dating, my parents had been strictly against our relationship because of the seven years age difference. I refused to listen to a word they said. I was young and naïve back then. We dated each other for about two years.

My heart still beats faster every time I see him. It's was hard getting over him. He was the first person I had dated for more than a couple of months, my first long-term relationship. I don't know why he broke up with me.

 It was cold, winter evening, when he had called me to meet him at the city park. When I got to the park, Vivan looked at me with a somber expression and said it's over.  I still remember the storm of tears that followed. I begged Vivan not leave me. He was the only person I could confine my sorrows into. When I asked him why he was breaking up with me, he said he had found someone else, a complete lie.

I watched Vivan fill a syringe with medicine while my mind began recalling the memories when we were happy, together.  

"Vivan put me down," I yelled at the tall, blond haired man who was carrying me on his back.

"No, not until you tell why you're so upset," He said running faster in the kitchen around the center island.

I gripped his shoulder tightly to prevent myself from falling. "Sometimes you act like at three year old,"

"You're changing the topic" He said as started carrying me up the stairs.

"I'm not upset,"

"I'll go even faster if don't spill," He threatened, increasing his speed.

I sighed. "Okay I give up. Put me down."