Ch-19 ★Liar, Liar

Ch-19~ Liar, Liar

Past Midnight at Newbury Court House, London

[Aulaura]

Cassidy, my lawyer and an old friend, sat behind stack of files, my file opened over all the others. There was a pen, stuck behind her ear- a curly matt of plum colored hair fell down her back. I watched her carefully read the papers that I had gotten issued from the court.

“It’s not legally possible to buy someone,” She frowned looking up from her desk. “Why do want that anyways?”

 I shifted uncomfortably in the chair of her posh office. “Well...”

 “You really do love him. Don’t you?”

I nodded my head. Cassidy, being one of the few trusted friends, had a really insightful mind-she could see things that just skim above the vision of a normal person.

“I can see that,” She chewed the inside of her cheeks as she hesitated to say whatever was on her mind. “He doesn’t seem like a good guy. I mean who would sell themselves for money,”

“He hasn’t sold himself...yet,” I wanted him to sell himself to me but then I didn’t want him to do it. If he doesn’t accept my offer, I will respect him for that. I will feel happy because he didn’t sink that low. If he sells himself for money, then I don’t know what I’ll think of him.

“Sorry to break it to you but you can’t buy him. It’s against the law,” Cassidy set the pen down and folded her hands on the table.

“There must be a loophole or something. Come on Cassidy, you’re the only lawyer I know who can pull this off,”

“Marry him,”

“What!?” I nearly choked on my own spit. If I marry him, what’s the guarantee he’ll not divorce me once he receives the money-no, I can’t take that risk. It’s safer to buy him.

“That’s the only solution I can give,” She sighed, messaging her temples- it had been an hour since she was wrestling with my case. “You love me him, so what’s the problem with it?”

“The problem is I want to buy him,”

“You will,” She stated, a confident smirk made its way to her lips. “He’ll think that you own him when in reality you won’t,”

“You’re not making any sense,” I muttered, dryly.

“Okay, so I’ll make these false papers you owning all rights over him. Then once he signs those papers you bring him to court and tell him to sign the matrimony papers I’ll have ready by then,”

“Once he finds out that I don’t actually own him, you know he’ll probably divorce me,”

Oh, there was a wicked smile on Cassidy’s face. “I’ll be adding an extra clause in the marriage papers saying that he cannot end this marriage without your consent. He will not be eligible for filling any sort of divorce,”

“I will be the one who has all the power in the marriage,” I whispered- a bit unsure.

“Yah,” She grinned, a bit too much for my liking. “Isn’t that what you wanted?”

My heart was screaming no but my lost mind had others plans. “Yes,”

“Great, I’ll have all the papers ready by tomorrow. You just need to bring Jay and one testimony with you,”

 I furrowed my eyebrows together, half in worry, half in confusion. “Testimony?”

“Yah,” Cassidy replied absentmindedly as the computer screen consumed half of her attention. “Someone to attest that you two are an actual couple,”