Prologue

Prologue

4:00 a.m. London, England

The morning was cold, dark and unwelcoming. The moon still hadn't disappeared and the sun still hadn't appeared; this early, not even the sun had bothered to wake up but I had.  Why? Because this day is probably one of the most important days of my life.The wind whipped wildly around me as the trees swayed in its direction. The cold nipped my bare arms. 

I regretted not bringing my orange shawl along with me. The hollow taps of my heels echoed on the deserted pavement. I looked for the place where I had invited him; I spotted it on the corner of the street. Pulling myself together, I rushed towards it.  

Misty's Café was scribbled on the worn out wooden board above the shabby building. I pulled on the greasy door handle of the café and the aroma of freshly brewed  coffee instantly hit me. I looked around the dimly lit room. There were many small plastic tables and chairs placed throughout the small café.

This is not the type of place I, Aulaura Grey, the only daughter of the world's richest man would be at. But I'm here anyways for his sake; I thought he would like this sort of place. He liked keeping it simple and comfortable. Three months ago I wouldn't even dare to set foot in such low class place but ever since he came into my life I've changed. He has changed me in ways I never thought possible. He showed me how laugh without worrying about the future. He made me see the beauty in simple and small things. He taught me how to see the goodness in people. He introduced me to this wonderful feeling called love.

I walked up to the front counter where a chubby woman in her late forties was counting the money in the cash register. She quickly closed the cash register once she noticed me.

"Quite early aren't you," she said smiling amiably at me.

"Are you serving at this hour?" I asked her.

Her smile wavered a bit. "I'm afraid not but I can get you some coffee."

"Coffee will be  great," I smiled politely.

She punched in some keys on the cash register "That will be two pounds," she said handing me the receipt. I took out a crisp ten pound note from my purse and placed it in her outstretched hand. She quickly filled a disposable cup with some hot, steaming coffee and handed me the cup. I quietly took a seat in the corner of the café near the window.

The sun was beginning to rise through the clouds. A series of orange and yellow streaks were beginning to cover the entire sky. I silently stared outside the cafe's window while I  waited for him to arrive. People rushed by in a blur and the traffic sped on the road. I took a sip of the coffee that had now gone cold.

I reopened the contract file which I had read over a thousand times. I turned each page, making sure that I had brought all the pages that the lawyer said I would need. Will he come? Has he accepted my offer? What if he refuses? No he cannot refuse me...

 My thoughts were put to a halt by the opening of the café's door. There stood Jay Walter, the person I had been waiting for. His night black hair messily swept over his entire forehead. He had his hands causally stuffed in the pockets of his brown leather jacket. I watched as his brown eyes swept over the entire café before landing on me. He strode towards the table where I was sitting. I felt my heart increase its speed with every step he took towards me. I nervously tucked a strand of brown hair behind my ear.

He stopped right in front of my table. Close up, he looked like a mess. Dark circles encircled his beautiful honey brown eyes. His eyes had lost the light in them. He looked awfully tired. Stress lines covered his entire forehead. It looked like as if he hadn't slept in the past couple of days. Had I caused him this distress? A pang of guilt surged through me. I had never meant to cause him any pain. I stood up from the chair.

"Jay, are you okay?" I asked as I took a step towards him.

 "I accept your offer Aulaura," he said taking a step backwards; his voice conveying no emotion.

"What?" I said, not believing what he had just said.

"I accept your offer," he repeated with the same emotionless voice he used earlier.

I never thought those four words could make so happy. Without hesitation I quickly grabbed the contract file that had been sitting on the table.

"Well you have sign here then here," I said happiness leaking into my voice. I held out a pen for him to take. Taking the pen from my hand, he flipped open to the first page of the contract file. He closed his eyes for a moment before signing the documents. When he opened his eyes, he had torn expression on his face. His eyes were glistening with unshed tears. He handed me the file once he was done signing it.

I couldn't contain my happiness and embraced Jay in tight hug. I felt him stiffen under my touch. The warmth of his body encasing me; I rested my head on his shoulder. I felt his uneven breath on my neck and a shiver escaped my body.

 "Mr. Rockstar is sold," I whispered in his ears.

I was so blinded by my own happiness at the time that I didn't notice his unhappiness. Only later would I realize my mistake but it would have been too late. I wish I had to a time machine so I could back in time and undo my mistake. Only if something called a 'time machine' existed....

Note:

I promise not to disappoint. Please give this book a chance.

 Shout-out to the editor Tamia aka Everrose21

©Enterintomymind-Reproduction without the author's permission is strictly prohibited. All the characters are a work of fiction.