|2|

"This is for your brothers' table, Miss Di Maggio," the bartender, Rodney says, handing me a tray of 6 whiskey-filled glasses. I nod and balance the tray on my palm as I bend my elbow at my side. 

I slide past the people dancing and conversing to the music of the club, pushing my way through a few drunk men who stare a little too long.

I always found it ironic how I'm not even legally able to drink, but my father has me working in one of our clubs. I always sneak a little something at the end of one of my shifts. 

Approaching the VIP section, I pass a bunch of clients I recognize from one of my father's many business partnerings. I nod in greeting at the man I was on a mission with last week before turning to the booth my brothers were at.  

Ajax was talking to Hayden and Rowen had a woman straddling him while Koven looked off into whatever daydream he was having. There were two other men I only recognized from past meetings sitting beside Ajax and Hayden. I continue walking until I am positioned a few feet in front of the table and start taking each glass off the tray and onto the table in front of each of them. 

Koven's eyes snap over to me and he flashes a friendly smile, calming my nerves a bit. Even with all the tension in our family, Koven and I still have a very strong connection. He scoots over and pats the empty cushion next to him, motioning for me to sit. I give him a questioning tilt of the head and attempt to shake it, but the arm around my waist cuts off all action I was going to make. Everyone at the table looks over at me when the gasp escapes my lips, the tray in my hands clattering to the ground. Their eyes immediately narrow and glare at whatever is behind me. 

I turn my head to see Stein, my father's second-in-command's son. I quickly jab him in the side with my elbow and wriggle in his grip, the scent of alcohol burning my nostrils. Koven and Ajax stand and I honestly thought they were going to approach me for a second, but Koven reaches out for my arm. 

"Oh, come on, Zi. Come back to a room with me? I haven't seen you in a bit," Stein slurs, causing me to practically throw myself out of his grip and over to Koven who latches his hand around my wrist and pulls me over to the booth. 

Last year, I was almost sexually assaulted by this brainless human being, so now I keep my distance. Funny how a 24-year-old can get away with trying to finger me when I had just turned 19. 

"I would rather choke on my own tongue, thanks," I snapped, reaching down to pick up my tray. 

After last night's issue, all I've received since this morning is pity-stares. 

"Go back to your whores, Vincenzo," Ajax snaps, pushing him over towards the table he came from. Surprisingly, even though my father and Stein's father get along, the offspring clash with each other very often. 

My chest slightly tightens at the reference to the half-naked women over at the table. 

Stein holds up his hands in surrender and laughs as he retreats back to his table. Koven pulls me down to sit beside him, causing me to tense against the cushion of the booth. The dimness of the room hides my uneasy expression well as Ajax sits back down across from us. 

"That asshole won't let up, will he?" Juno, one of the men sitting at our table says. I shrug and slightly cower into the booth, ignoring the stares. 

"Got any more, Rico?" Rowen asks, nudging the man sitting beside Hayden. The man named Rico smiles and nods, pulling out a bag from his suit jacket and tossing it to Rowen. I cringe at the white powder inside the bag as Rowen practically throws the woman off of him and she gives him a dirty look before scurrying off to go dry hump some other asshole. I turn my head as I can already assume what Rowen does next, not wanting to engage in drugs at 8 pm.