|54|

happy holidays everyone <3

{ZHARA}

And this is why I don't fucking cry. Because karma is a bitch. 

"Another Di Maggio whore," is the first thing I heard when I lifted my head up from the table. My eyes landed on the father of the man I had been tied up with for the past few months. 

Not even two seconds of me looking him in the eye, he had pulled out a gun. The guy probably thought I was gonna put a spell on him or something. 

There was no bone in my body that moved when staring down the barrel aimed at me. If he wanted fear, he picked the wrong bitch. 

I blinked, waiting for him to throw another insult at me. 

Adriano Armani must've noticed the fact there were tears soaking my face, and he just ate that up. 

"Poor little girl, crying for her father," he had said hatefully, "disgustoso."

[disgusting]

"You're a shame to this business," he bites out, moving the gun closer to my head. I raised a brow, wondering where that one came from. Not to brag, but I was one of the highest-ranked assassins in multiple countries. 

"Nothing to say, little raven?" the stupid nickname sounded so awful coming from an Armani. Specifically the man in front of me. 

It's been a long time since I've seen someone so bitter, but part of me couldn't even blame him. 

My father had raped and killed his wife. 

But he had also killed my mother. 

And the fact that I hadn't seen him since that rainy night made this reunion nothing good for my mind.

All I could remember now was the sight of my mother on the ground. My stomach ached. My head pounded. 

"Hello to you, too," I lean back in the chair I was in. I couldn't even be bothered to come up with something witty to say. 

Adriano just looked like he was contemplating whether he wanted to shoot me in the brain or the heart. Please, do us all a favor. 

"Where are my sons?" Adriano slightly moves his gun, acting as if I owe him all the answers in the world. 

Suck my dick.

"How am I supposed to know?" I shrug, turning away from the man because it's hard to even look at him. 

I feel bad for Adelaide, poor woman didn't even get a choice before being born into that family. I guess people say the same about me, though. 

"Maybe because you've gotten one of them wrapped around your finger," he criticized, "Or have you fucked Matteo, too?"

One- how does he know that? And two- I'm not discussing my sex life with Zion's father. 

And I would never fuck Matteo. He's not my type. 

Even though he looks like the younger, less-stressed version of Zion. 

Still, it's weird. 

"Are you slut-shaming me, Mr. Armani?" I mused with a grin. 

Before Adriano can think of another insult, Cobra and Isaiah rush into the dining room. 

Shit, I was really starting to enjoy this. I'll have to speak to them later about interrupting important conversations.