|56|

{ZHARA}

I walk down the stairs with Inan. Because Adriano Armani has it out for me, Zion doesn't want me around the house alone. Although Zion did tell him to leave me alone, he hasn't really listened. 

Even when I'm not near him, I feel his threatening glare. 

"I think we should contact my brothers," I mutter, walking towards the dining room where the others were. Inan glances down at me, watching my weary expression. 

"Zion might be okay with it," he tells me, looking at our surroundings. I know he's waiting for Adriano to pop out again. 

"Rowen's a bit of a bitch, though," I sigh, and Inan smirks. We approach the large table, seeing multiple men caught in conversation. 

Zion and Liam sit off to the side, and Ezekial stands against the wall by Isaiah as usual. 

I don't see Adriano, but I know he'll be here soon. 

I can't really look at Zion without thinking about earlier. How his lips were on mine for what felt like forever. I take a deep breath, trying to rid the lust-filled thoughts in my head. 

However, he makes eye contact with me, and his gaze is dark. Zion leans back in the chair, relaxing his legs as he trails his eyes down my body. I'm dressed in shorts that show my tattoos and a tight, cropped long-sleeve. It's not that flattering, to be honest. But he probably thinks otherwise. 

The way he man-spreads is weirdly attractive. His dark hair is slightly falling down in front of his face, but he doesn't seem to care. He licks his plump lips, and I think I die right where I'm standing. 

I finally snap out of it, coming back to my senses. 

Inan pulls out a chair for me, giving me a knowing smile. I roll my eyes, but thank him for the seat. And right as Inan gets comfortable, Adriano Armani struts inside, Matteo following closely behind him. 

Oh, great. 

I turn my head away from them, not giving them the attention they want. 

I throw my curled hair over my shoulder, letting it fall down my back. My posture straightens as they find their seats toward the head of the table near Zion and Liam. 

The conversations come to an end, and everyone waits for Zion to speak.

He stands, the power he holds radiating in the room. It's admirable. 

"It is decided that there will be times for everyone to get their closure with Alphonzo," he begins as he starts to walk around the room.

"And he will be dead by next week," he says, walking behind Simon and Gideon, "That leads us to the next step."

Everyone's on their toes now.

"After the following week, we are returning to America. We have recently gotten our portion of a shipment back from the Di Maggio's, and with Alphonzo out of the plans, the tension between our families will decrease exponentially," he asserts. His body language is unwavering, and it just shows how good of a leader he is for this business.

"This also means the disrespect has to stop," Zion gives his father a side glance, "From both sides."

"Alphonzo's sons are not like him, and they are already proving themselves to be greater than before," he admits, which shocks me a little. I appreciate him for speaking of them the way he is.

Adriano Armani scoffs, and Zion ignores it and sits back down. He nods to Liam, letting him speak for the next topic.

"New deals have been proposed, and our suppliers have produced double the amount we usually receive," Liam says, folder in hand, "More product, more money. But this also requires more work and more jobs. To get the upmost out of what we own, we are indulging more into street selling. Instead of only moving the food around the blocks of Northern America, we are improving the strain in the West. Primarily California."