|21|

i think i'm gonna stick to shorter chapters, i feel like it's easier to get the main experiences and actions across <3

{ZHARA}

The walls of the stone cell seemed to be closing in on my sweat-clad figure as I sat in the chair across from Zion, surrounded by his men. 

My heart thudded in my chest for no apparent reason, just that the anxiety I was feeling was getting to my head. 

My legs were crossed as I tapped my fingernails on the arm of the chair in coordinated motions, pleasing the nerves running through my veins. This motherfucker had a fucking interrogation light pointed right at me, warming my cheeks and making me overheat like it was 100 fucking degrees. 

I thought this little meeting was going to be in the air-conditioned office, but no, these little bitches just had to be extra and pull out the good old basement card on me and drag my unwilling ass down there. I had almost forgotten all the shit I memorized just because of how terrified I was of whatever was down here. Turns out, it's not much. Just some dried blood and this damn lightbulb that I wanted to slam over Zion's head. 

"You're going to prove your theory tonight, Zhara. Or there will be consequences," Zion spoke, his deep voice sending invisible needles into my back. 

I still don't really understand what I did wrong, but whatever. I honestly never did understand any of the reasons behind half the shit I did. 

"What kind of consequences?" I speculated, knowing the answer would be completely unfair and harsh. 

"Xavier," the name slightly haunted me, and before I could let Zion's unnamed order sink in, a rough cord-like rope was swung over my head and around my neck, yanking me back slightly as I let out a breath of shock. 

I looked around, seeing the weird look growing on some of the men's faces. I immediately felt creeped out and exposed in the tank top and shorts they made me wear to make sure I wasn't bringing in any weapons. 

"This is kinda nasty, you know..." I scrunch my brows together, looking at these idiots in disgust, "like something sick to get off on...if you want to jerk off to me in your weird kinky ways, just admit it..." I feel nausea rising to the surface of my throat and my head, suffocating me as I felt even more sexualized than before. 

There was something that flashed in those silver eyes, but it was gone just as quick as it came, and I blinked in uneasiness as Zion took a step towards me. 

Oh fuck. 

The rope on my neck was tightened, and I felt the need to wrap my arms around myself as the hairs on my skin raised in alert, the heat in my body suddenly gone. 

I very rarely felt like this. Like the prey...

These men were all predators...some literally. But Zion, he was just out for blood. And he would use any excuse to fulfill his wishes. 

My chin was gripped in between his fingers as my eyes trailed over the tattoos on his hand, knowing he had just been getting one worked on earlier. I snapped my eyes up to meet his when he jerked my head up, practically popping my neck out of place as I winced. 

"Do you know who Slone is, Zhara?" 

My eyes flickered down to his lips as he spoke, and my eyes went blank when I had to answer him truthfully. 

"I believe the correct grammar is- Fuck," I cut myself off when he slapped me, a laugh quickly leaving my lips as the sting prickled through my skin, my neck rubbed against the rope, "Do I know who Slone was?" I corrected, already throwing them off just like I had planned, even before the information Cobra gave me.