|28|

(ngl, i cried hard writing the last one) 

(and sorry for the short chapters again, I'm really busy and kinda overwhelmed. leave feedback if you want! it's always welcomed:)

{THIRD PERSON}

Inan didn't want to sound unsympathetic, but when Zhara got back on her feet, he would kick her ass.

He didn't retaliate during that evening for a reason, and what does he get for trying to hold back the only emotions he's ever felt? A gun to the head and a knife to the throat. He was beyond pissed at Zhara and her stubborn, ignorant actions that may or may not have ignited the flame that led to her getting shot.

He hoped she would live just so he could really get on her nerves as much as she did to his.

Inan shook out his shoulders to relieve the tension in his muscles before stepping into the crowded conference room. At least 4 different bloodlines filled each seat around the large oval table.

Zion sat at the head accompanied by Liam, Ren, and Isaiah. One seat in between Liam and Ren was empty, so Inan assumed that was his reserved spot while they waited for the rest of the Di Maggio's to show up.

It had been just shy of 6 hours since Zhara was transferred to the hospital that the Armani's own. Inan wasn't surprised her brothers hadn't shown themselves yet.

He sat down with a stressed look on his face, matching the other men around him.

"Did you sleep at all?" Ren asked, being the usual overly sympathetic person.

"None," Inan replied and looked to Ren for his own answer. Ren shook his head, meaning that he hadn't slept any either.

"Have any of you seen Rico or Santiago?" Flynn asks as he walks into the room. Inan said nothing and scanned the room to see the other's. Liam nodded, pointing to the doorway behind Flynn.

As if on queue, the two men they were speaking of slump into the room, obviously sleepless as well. Flynn turns and looks relieved to see the guys, quickly approaching them with quiet words.

Inan looks over at Zion for the first time this evening and was shocked by the look on his Don's face. Never had Inan seen Zion break. And he still won't ever break, but he was real close at the moment.

Sunken face, messy, untamed hair, stress painted all over his skin. The guy looked like he had just had his first teenage breakup. He was hardcore glaring at the wall across from him with his hands crossed on the table. He looked tired.

The voice level in the room rises unexpectedly when multiple pairs of heavy footsteps sound from the hallway a few minutes later. When Zhara's brothers make themselves known through the entryway, the crowd quiets down.

Ajax - the oldest and practically the leader of the Di Maggio's- stands tall in front of his younger brothers, radiating a source of anger that everyone spotted quickly. He had a right to be angry, just had to be careful who he directed that particular rage at.

Rowen Di Maggio looked even more dead than Zion, and if Inan remembered correctly, was the one who Zhara said hated her the most. Yes, they had spoken about her family often together.

Hayden Di Maggio looked almost as emotionless as Inan himself, carrying a laptop and multiple binders by his sides.

Koven wasn't even mentally there. The youngest Di Maggio was most definitely the one who Zhara's death risk affected the most.