|60|

{ZHARA}

I pull my sundress over my head, noting that it is probably not the appropriate attire for the situation. I search for some black leggings and a fitted jacket, but the hands that squeeze my waist halt my movements. His scent was like warmth against my skin.

Zion kisses my neck and my back arches.

"We're going to a race tonight," he mutters against my throat, "Liam's cousin insisted because it is the 'going away party' before we leave."

It was already ten, and we still had to get the whole Alphonzo thing over with.

As if he could read my thoughts, Zion said, "Your brothers are invited, so we'll deal with Alphonzo tomorrow, hm?"

"Okay," I whispered, dropping the leggings back into my duffel. I had moved all my stuff into Zion's room yesterday, and I guess he didn't mind.

His hands trail up my ribs and stop on my bra, unclipping it and letting it fall to the floor.

"Zion," I say his name like it's the air I breathe. He spins me around to face him. All I see are his gray eyes, dragging me impossibly closer.

"You're so beautiful," he tells me, kissing my skin and lingering in all the right places.

It's only you, Zion.

Fuck, if only I could express it to him. I just wish I could say it, and explain all the things I feel for him.

But I can't.

"Zhara, talk to me," he reels me out of my thoughts. His hands cup my face, forcing me to focus.

I don't respond because I just want him to continue. I want him to distract me from this feeling.

He pulls his shirt off his body, and my lips part in anticipation. However, he forces the shirt over my body and grabs my wrist. My face deflates.

He sits in the chair by the desk, letting me rest on his lap. The only thing I can focus on now is his tattooed chest.

"What are you thinking about?" he asks, kissing my temple. I melt into him.

"You."

He smiles. I will never get tired of that smile. I love that smile. My heart pounds.

"I think about you all the time," I admit, kissing him. He tastes like heaven. One hand is in my hair, one is squeezing my thigh. I can't get enough of him.

"Zion, you're going to hate me," I gasp, biting at his bottom lip. "You're going to hate me so much."

He freezes, pulling back to look me in the eyes. The eyes that are shedding tears. I'm smiling and crying and grieving and begging.

His brows furrow and I see the flash of concern on his face. He doesn't know. How can he not see it?

"Zhara..."

I trace his jaw with my thumb and tug his hand toward my heart.

"Do you feel this?" I ask him, begging him. My heart beats for him. Zion's lack of response scares me, but I can't live in fear anymore. I want to move on.

"I don't want to be scared anymore, Zion," I tell him, pouring it onto him.

"Zhara, what's going on?"

I shake my head, bringing his knuckles to my lips. Scarred hands, inked fingers.

"I'm so in love with you," I shuddered.