|6|

They say that no matter what someone you love does to you, you will always love them deep down, even if you loathe yourself for it. 

Whoever the hell 'they' are, they are sadly right. 

Here I am, staring into the green eyes of the man who is now getting held back from bashing my face in just because I provoked him. 

"Guess we're both a bit impulsive, right?" I giggle, waiting for one of the men to loosen their grip on Flynn so he can kill me. 

"Okay, yeah, I get it, bringing up your dad was wrong, but you do know that these motherfuckers killed someone in my family, too. And by the way, I guess I forgive you, I mean, you did help me escape," I shrug, sitting comfortably in the chair as Flynn calms down. I almost pity the guy. 

Almost...

"I told you I was sorry, Zhara. I never wanted it to come to this, but I didn't have a choice. And they're not going to kill you, we made a deal," Flynn says, walking around the table to approach me. I studied him for a minute to make sure he wasn't lying, and the only emotion in his eyes was honesty. 

A deal? So everywhere I go, I still can't become an actual human being because I'm looked at as a 'deal'. 

"Was any of this because I did something?" I ask, forgetting the other people around me and my friend as I lower my voice. Flynn shakes his head and sighs before looking back at me. 

"No, not at all. Your father killed mine, it was only fair I take something from him. Although, unfortunately, you ended up landing in my grasp before I could take you myself," he smirks, causing me to laugh and shake my head. 

I always knew it was my father's fault that Flynn's dad was dead, I guess all of us were just too brainwashed to realize. 

"So right before Lora died, huh? Sir Faring deserved better," I shake my head in disbelief, reminiscing over the times my mother and Flynn's father would allow me and Flynn to be friends. 

I sensed the sadness in his eyes before I looked at him, and I tried opening my arms up to hug him, but the damn handcuffs prevented me. Sending a glare in Mr. Handy-Dandy tie-me-up guy over there, I brought my knees up and pushed really hard against the chain, quickly popping the hook on one of them and easily snapping them halfway. There were a few sharp intakes of air heard throughout the room, and I honestly was disappointed they thought handcuffs could hold me. I now had individual cuffs for bracelets. I smiled at the guy and then turned to Flynn and hugged him, patting his back. 

I still hate him for tricking me. 

I punched him in the gut just for good measure and sat back down, watching him groan and slightly double over. 

"Oh, get back up you sore loser, I barely even hit you," I tease, holding back a laugh as he shoots a glare my way. 

"Are you two done making up? Because she's still the enemy," Blondie says, tapping an impatient foot annoyingly. I snap my head over in his direction and sit back down, glaring at him silently. 

"So, how much are you gonna sell me for? A few figures, I hope," I smirk, my eyes following Flynn's figure as he walks back over to the other side. 

"Cuff her to the chair," Zion speaks up, causing me to frown. Do I look like I'm planning a great escape? 

Mr. Handy-Dandy-bondage-daddy walks over to me and snaps a different pair of handcuffs to the arms of the metal chair, making it harder to get out. I sigh through my nose as I look unimpressively at Mr. Armani, wondering what he's planning.