|49|

(it gets extra spicy further into the chapter so be aware when reading -- )
( -- this is your warning; sexual content *air control, degrading, bondage, slapping, etc.*  if you don't like it, then don't read it- but there's also more in the next chapter coming :) 

{THIRD PERSON}

Inan was barely able to focus as he stared up at the ceiling. Leaning against the side of the bed, the cold floor under him felt as if it were swallowing him, trapping him in his own head. With his neck craned back on the smooth comforter, he left his throat exposed. It was almost as if he was allowing all vulnerability he possessed to seep into the room. He closed his eyes, imagining all of the possible emotions he might have to flow out of his body in colorful ribbons. Each one gracefully exited his skin and faded into the air. Calm replaced anger, and peace replaced sorrow.

His chest tightened as a presence entered his room silently. 

"Inan?"

The soft voice of the female made all the colorful emotions come crashing back, stabbing and pricking as they entered again. The problem was that he could never express them. Not how the normal people wanted him to. He just didn't comprehend it like them. And when he found different individuals that were similar to his case, it made him feel okay. Okay that he was different. 

"I want to talk to you," she whispered, almost as if the man with a gun laying out on his side table would actually get mad at her. 

Inan still couldn't explain to himself how he wasn't angry with her. 

Zhara put a gun to his head and a knife to his throat, but he still wanted to be her friend. 

As Zhara shut the door behind her, she could feel her heart stinging as Inan's eyes never opened to acknowledge her. 

However, in his mind, he had already listened to every word she wanted to say. He had already forgiven her. He had watched her smile and thank him, then she would leave and go care for his friend, the man that brought them all together. Zion was lucky, and Inan appreciated Zhara for still tolerating the stubborn asshole after all this time. 

"I'm-"

"It's okay, Zhara."

She shook her head, sitting down on the floor beside him as he watched her move. 

"I took advantage of your life, Inan. It's not okay," she brought her knees up to her chest. 

He finally looked directly into her eyes, showing her that he was serious. 

"You were protecting your family, I understand," he assured.

She looked as if she was in pain, "But I wasn't."

His eyebrows barely rose. 

"I did not protect you," she whispered, "I put you in danger."

He watched as her eyes glossed over. 

"I did not protect my family."

He kept her gaze, even though watching the Golden Raven show this type of emotion was hard. 

"I'm sorry, Inan."

"You are what hurts him," was replaying over and over in her mind. 

She broke the trance, looking back over at him. His facial expression was blank, but his eyes showed forgiveness. 

His lips parted as if he was going to speak, but he hesitated. 

"Just..." he sighed, "...don't leave when this is all over."