|42|

(um so unfortunately this shit keeps fucking up my chapters and it's a little frustrating so if you guys don't see it or it doesn't notify you then know that I'm working on getting it fixed, thanks.)

(we just hit 3k reads and I'm about to cry, thank you guys so much for reading!)

{THIRD PERSON}

Zion had woken up early to prepare for the second location visit. He made sure to lay out the clothes he wanted Zhara to wear, the controlling side of him reaching out. 

He recalled their conversation last night as he showered, almost regretting it. Not the 'speaking to Zhara' part, but telling her things he hasn't told anyone in years. It was a large step for both of them, and something didn't sit right when he held her while she cried. 

Something deep inside, molded into his mind. The constant words of his father replaying over and over again. He was practically forbidden from even touching that woman, but he couldn't help himself. 

She was something he had never felt before. 

The language that was spoken between them was one no one else could understand. 

There was this feeling weighing down so heavy on his heart, it felt suffocating. He did not want to accept whatever it was. He couldn't commit to the familiarity of the hold on his chest; it would be against everything he was taught. 

But she was so addicting. 

And he wanted what he knew he couldn't have. 

He caught himself watching her all the time now, even when she thought he wasn't there. He would watch the way her jaw would stretch and move with each word that came from her beautiful lips. Her voice lit a flame on his blood. 

He watched as her eyes would flutter shut when she laughed, and her smile- fuck- her smile...

Now that she lived in his room, it smelt like her. The bedsheets held her scent forever, and he would stay around that specific part of the room just to be able to feel close to her. 

He wanted to be around her all the time. 

It fucked with his head so bad. 

Barely two weeks ago, he would've said the girl meant nothing to him, but even then, he would've been lying. 

If he was being honest, he might've had this obsession with the Golden Raven long before he took her. 

And that was terrifying. 

She had him far more attached than she could understand. He expected the sex would be able to rid her of his mind so he could focus, but it only made it worse. 

Worse wasn't exactly the right word for it, though. 

If anything, it was something he loved. He liked the idea of having a woman bound to him, but mostly the fact that he could always rely on someone to care for him when he needed it. He preyed on the small details of her attitude, the ones that made him go insane. It made him hungry for more, starving for his next fix. 

He liked when she pissed him off, it would give him an excuse to get closer to her and hear her shout at him. Yeah, he was one of those men. 

He kept pushing back the moment he would have to give in to her. He couldn't let her see him with his walls down, it would rip everything he had built into shreds. Or make it stronger.

He wanted to tell her about his mother, his fucked-up father, and all the other shit bottled up inside of him. But he could admit that he was apprehensive about it. That was a whole new chapter for the two of them, and he didn't even know what she wanted out of him yet. Hell, he didn't even know what he wanted.