|57|

(happy late valentine's day <3)

{ZHARA}

I lay Zion's phone back on the desk, then my focus is entirely back on him.

His tattooed hand comes to rest on my waist, and I toss my arms lazily behind his neck. I stare down at him as he makes no move to stand from the bed.

Then, out of nowhere, Zion smiles, and I think my heart stops. His perfect teeth, his perfect dimples, his perfect face. My body freezes, and I never knew someone could get more beautiful.

It's contagious, and I find my lips turning at the sight. He's so perfect.

Perfect.

"You're trying to kill me, Zion," I mutter, leaning my forehead against his. He chuckles, and I feel like I'm going to faint.

"That was a long time ago, Zhara," he whispers to me, "Back when I didn't know you."

I pull back to look into his grey eyes. I remember those times. The times when I despised him and was terrified of my feelings.

"Do you ever miss it?" I ask, sliding onto his lap. He raises a brow for me to elaborate. "Do you miss the times before we met?"

He pulls me closer to him. The warmth from his body lures me into him.

"No," he replies with no hesitation, "I was in a dark place."

Me too.

I nod, placing a hand on his chest.

"The only thing I miss right now is my dog," I tell him, and he gives me a look.

"I would have never guessed Zhara Di Maggio had an animal obsession," Zion remarks, squeezing my thigh. I narrow my eyes.

"I still haven't named him, you know?" I mention, thinking to myself. I don't want something tacky or cringy, but not something overly cute either.

"Does he need a name?" he asks. I gasp dramatically, giving him an exasperated look.

"Of course he needs a name!" I tell him. Zion smirks. Then he kisses my cheek. I melt.

My feelings toward him are like poetry, a constant pattern that shocks me every time. I'm obsessed with my whole body and soul, and I'm never not blushing. My body is liquid, and he is pulling me together.

God, I'm drowning in him.

I cup his face, his skin soft under my palms. I kiss him back, repaying the favor. He immediately matches my speed, but steals the control from me and drags me down onto the bed with him. 

Deep and honest, he shows me how he feels with his lips. He's no longer friendly with his hands, and they grab at my body and squeeze the places he loves. 

His actions tell me something his words can't. I'm scared to face what I feel, and so is he. 

"Zion," I gasp as he kisses my neck, and my blood ignites. Everything is hot, and I'm only left wanting more. 

"Fuck," Zion curses, tugging on my long hair, "Say my name again, baby."

The aching between my legs throbs, and I whimper when he bites down on the curve of my neck. "Zion!" I breathe out. He forces me to straddle him by pulling the insides of my knees up, and my heart freezes at the feeling of him under me. He's so hard and warm, and I can't take it.