|18|

"I got it," Zhara grumbled to Xavier, who unfortunately had to help her walk as she carried her bag down to the main foyer in the penthouse. She slapped his hand away from her elbow that still had bruises lining it from Slone, the guy who shot her about 3 days ago. 

Xavier looked up at Zion as he stood near the door, talking to Liam, and then looked back at Zhara. 

"Too bad," Xavier muttered, taking the black duffel bag out of her hand and gripping her arm tighter. She blew out an insult under her breath and complied with the support. 

Zhara lightly smiled at Santiago and Rico, happy that she had people she was comfortable with coming to whatever safe haven Zion was trapping them into. 

She still didn't know why she gave him her necklace. She could've gotten herself out of this, but then realized the threats they had against her brothers. If her siblings had come to the penthouse and posed as a risk to the Armani's, they wouldn't stand a chance.  Of course, Zhara had confidence in her brothers, but against Zion's army he had planted here, the Di Maggio's would be running thin on luck. 

It was a chasing game, and she couldn't risk her brothers' life just because she wanted to be saved. 

She wasn't a damsel in distress. 

If she wanted a way out, she would find one herself. 

"Are the cars ready?" Zion asked Liam as he slipped his phone into his pocket. They stood near the doors to the elevator, waiting for the clear signal. Liam nodded and motioned Xavier over after he had led Zhara to stand by Flynn. 

"Each time I've asked, she's said that there is no way they can contact her from the tracker in the necklace," Xavier explained, already predicting the questions Zion and Liam were going to ask. 

Zion had still been suspicious over how easily Zhara gave away the tracker. She could've attempted to save herself, but she didn't. He didn't trust the fact that she was giving up one of her only chances. 

But then again, he could tell she wasn't one that always needed to be saved. 

"We'll question her further when we get to Bulwark. For now, keep an eye on her movements," Zion ordered as the buttons on the elevator flashed red, signaling their time to leave. 

They all gathered into two elevators, splitting into the groups that would go into each car. Much to her dismay, Zhara was grouped with all the big boss men, who were watching her too closely at times. 

The familiar mirrors surrounded her, and she stared vaguely at her reflection. She didn't look terrible, other than the brace-like thin bandage wrapped around her lower torso to keep her balanced. Her posture had to stay straight, or else the stitches could rip and damage the wound further.  

She let her eyes roam over Rico and Santiago, looking as though they hadn't slept last night. Now that she thought about it, most of Zion's men looked exhausted. Darker skin under their eyes, irritated eyelids. She wondered if it was for the mission they were talking about, or maybe because of this situation. 

She reminded herself not to feel bad about it; it was technically not her fault whatsoever. She didn't ask to be brought here. She didn't ask to be taken. Although she did run away, Flynn kind of led her into this, and Zion decided to keep her. For what reason, she still was wondering. It's not like her father gave a shit, and her brothers were too much of a risk to lose if they tried looking for her. 

She was thinking too hard about this, it was giving her a headache. She pushed herself off the railing and winced when the pain flashed through her lower half, but stood up straight anyway.