|30|

thank you guys so much for the recent love! i swear i take everything you guys have done to promote this book into consideration while writing. I couldn't ask for better supporters!

{THIRD PERSON}

Zhara sat on the patient bed while glancing out of the rain-covered window. New York's weather had been the least of their problems recently, but she guessed that now it just wanted some attention. The tornado warning issued for the state proved her right. 

"Ow, watch it," she smacked Cobra's hand when he laid it over the soreness of the fresh ink on her thigh. He pursed his lips and glanced up at her before continuing with his art. 

She took a few seconds to admire the complete section of the tattoo while Cobra was distracted. According to the professional, Zhara shouldn't stare at him the entire time because the feeling of Zhara's attitude through her glares would throw him off his game. 

Drama queen. 

And yes, Zhara had let Cobra finally tattoo her, complying with the deal they made practically a week and a half ago. And she was bored as fuck. So what better entertainment than a personal ink master show in front of her. 

"Stop staring," he scolded her, not even looking up once. She rolled her eyes, but turned away and rested her head on her hand. 

"Don't roll your eyes, Bird. They might get stuck up there," Cobra teased, brushing the needle against her skin to create shade. She sent him a glare, knowing he could sense it. 

Zhara watched as the cars flew by on the streets, looking like small objects from the hospital window view. 

She couldn't help but admit she missed him already. And she definitely missed his lips. 

Smiling softly to herself, she sighed under her breath and leaned back on the bed. Just as she finally got relaxed, it was only minutes later when the door opened, and she thanked whatever higher power that Cobra wasn't easily scared. One wrong move and the entire tattoo would be fucked. 

Her head snapped over in that direction, seeing Inan and Liam walk through the doors with a few bags in their hands and mildly confused looks on their faces. 

The look on Inan's face snapped Zhara back into a few days ago. She cringed internally at her past breakdown, trying to forget it for good. 

Cobra flashed them a cocky smile, and Liam narrowed his eyes at Zhara. 

"How the hell did you get in here?" Liam put the bags down in the empty chair in the corner, watching Cobra carefully. 

"I have my ways, Russo," Cobra smirked, going back to his work like nothing happened. Liam wiped the look off his face and shook his head in disbelief. 

"Does the Capo know about this?" Liam pondered, looking at the in-progress ink work on her leg. 

"He will soon," Zhara shrugged, causing Liam to look even more stressed-out than before. Inan sat down in the chair next to the window, keeping his distance from her. She couldn't help the guilty feeling rising in her throat, lumping like a rock. 

It choked her with the memories she loathed. 

"You're lucky he didn't see you in here," Liam shakes his head at Cobra, to which the man just smirked. 

"Yeah, yeah. You won't tell him, though, Liam. Right?" Cobra teased, knowing that the Capo wouldn't care much because it was someone he was aware of. 

Liam crosses his arms, acting like he didn't hear the statement. 

"Are you two close now or something?" Liam raises a brow at the girl, looking between her and the artist. She ignored his question, as did Cobra, much to her appreciation.