|41|

{im really trying to figure out the sequence this book is ordered in and if i should make a second book for it or not. I am literally so stumped with writer's block and my storyline is all over the place so please just be patient with me}

{YALLLLL ITS GONNA SNOW. We just got off break and now we're out again :)!!!!!}

Gideon Quero

G.Q.

{THIRD PERSON}

Four men sat at the poker table, loud music and chatter drowning out the tension sizzling around them. A beautiful woman sat perched on the lap of the most frightening man at the table. The looks the couple shared weren't ones of lust, but something deeper that was observed by the others. 

The other three men, one being the widely rumored Alphonzo Di Maggio, were lost in the betting game, eager and greedy for the money. 

Alphonzo had always thought bringing matters of "love" into this world made someone weak, and the way he was looking at the young man with the lady proved his idea even more. The man, Gideon, noticed the way the older businessman was glaring at his woman, and he did not like it.

"Got something to say, Al?" the man's eyebrows drew together, his tall build rising when he stood, pushing the young lady he was sitting with behind him. Alphonzo wasn't usually interested in starting fights with people half his age. 

This young man had accomplished more than Alphonzo had and was still younger than Alphonzo's oldest son, who was barely 19. 

"Where did you buy the girl from?" Alphonzo smirked, knowing what he had asked would boil Gideon Quero's blood. 

Gideon stood there silently as the woman behind him reached for his hand, trying to find some type of comfort as the older man stared at her. 

"Oh, don't tell me you're in love," Alphonzo slurred as if it was some sort of treason. 

"I don't have to explain my relationship to you of all people. Everyone is already aware of how you think of women," Gideon grabbed the lady's hand, pulling her towards him as they start to leave. 

"Don't get too comfortable with her," Alphonzo mused, leaning back in his chair as a casino waitress placed another glass of whiskey on the sleek table side. 

Gideon turned around, ready to defend his name and his woman's.

"I asked for Rum, didn't I?" he snapped at the waitress girl who couldn't have been a day over twenty. The girl's eyes rounded in fear and she immediately apologized, reaching to pick up the glass back off the table. 

"I'm sorry, Sir. The person who took your order must've put it in wrong-"

She was cut off by Alphonzo grabbing her hair, yanking her down towards him. His other hand went to her neck, and she let out a startled shriek. 

"Instead of running your fucking mouth, get me the right shit or you won't have this job by tomorrow," he seethed at the girl who was now quietly crying, begging him to let go of her under her breath.