|35|

{THIRD PERSON}

Zhara had fallen asleep on the way to the airport, her head occasionally resting on Inan's shoulder. 

He would slightly nudge her so she wasn't touching him, and then her head would move towards Isaiah, who quite enjoyed the feel of a woman's touch. But Zion would see it from the front seat and glare at Isaiah until he moved her head back, making it a repeating cycle. 

It was better that she wasn't awake because the questions the men had for her were things they could not ask in front of their boss.

Nothing bad, per se, but things that were personal towards her. Questions only she could answer. 

But there were a few that were curious about her and Zion...they had noticed the sweatshirt she had on wasn't actually her's. 

"Should we wake h-" Isaiah started, but was interrupted by Zion. 

"No," he snapped, telling them all to get out and get onto the jet. Once all the men had gathered the bags and moved them, Zion opened the backseat door. He reached back and got a good grip on her legs, sliding his arms under her. 

He carried her out of the car, and she stayed asleep the entire time. It was better for her to not walk anyway, he kept telling himself that. 

He made sure to pack her pain medication in his bag and he brought multiple kits from the hospital in case something went wrong. 

The men watched as he laid her down gently in one of the long seats, grabbing a blanket and draping it over her body. He turned around, freezing when he noticed them all staring. 

"Suck my dick," he grumbled, shoving past them into the cockpit. 

They chuckled quietly, sitting down in their own seats while they waited for the other car to pull up. 

Matteo and a few of their main consigliere got out of the second SUV, making their way towards the jet as well. Their eyes landed on the sleeping girl immediately as they stepped through the door, to which they looked to the other men for an explanation. The men in the seats shrugged, showing they knew just as much as the others did. 

Matteo sat in the seat right beside Zhara, not bothered by the looks on everyone's faces. They all feared for what Zion might say to him when he came back, but kept it to themselves.

Matteo stared down at the peaceful woman, thinking she looked way different in her sleep than when she was killing people. 

But didn't they all?

"Matteo."

He glanced away from her, meeting his brother's heavy grey eyes. He didn't look too happy. 

"What?" Matteo gave him a blank look, not registering what he was doing. Zion clenched his fists, looking down at Zhara, then back up at his brother. 

"Get the fuck up," Zion jerked his head behind him to an empty seat, showing Matteo where to sit instead of right next to the girl he couldn't stop thinking about. 

Matteo held up his hands in surrender, trying to hold back the smile. It wasn't working. 

He shuffled past Zion with the stupidest grin and watched as he took the spot he was just sitting at, pulling out his phone like nothing just happened. 

Matteo shared glances with all the men, and most of them just shook their heads at the young Armani. 

Zion was a very complicated man, most were aware of the fact. But what they didn't know is how he showed his complications. How he presented himself and how that differed from the reality in his head more than they could imagine. His head wasn't ever in a good place, but one would never notice.