|53|

{ZHARA}

I wondered if Cobra was still in his high-rise position, or if he had seen what happened and was on his way back to the cars. 

I couldn't care less if they left without me. This was what the last few months had been for. And now I feel like there's nothing left to do. I will find Flynn, even if I'm here for the next week. 

I would walk back to the safehouse from here if it meant finding my friend. 

I don't leave people behind. 

The warehouse wasn't that big, so it couldn't have been that hard to find him. I trace my steps back to where we entered, and I see the Russian man's body by the stairs. I'm looking at every corner, every hidden spot. 

He has to be here. 

I make my way to the room where I killed Vincenzo, and the second I turn the corner, I see a crouched figure in the corner of my eye against the wall. I immediately look over, seeing Flynn on the ground, holding his side, and another man is laying unmoving on his front beside him. 

I rush over, my breath getting lost in my lungs. 

There is blood on Flynn's hands and the man beside him is definitely dead. 

Flynn looks up, seeing me, and my heart aches. 

"Were you stabbed?" I ask, immediately ripping the fabric of my jacket. He shakily lifts his hands, and I lift his shirt from the blood to reveal a small slash in his flesh. I press the bunched fabric against the knife wound, all of my training coming to use. 

"Keep this tight on here, okay?" I put my hand on his forehead, a cold sweat on his skin. He's still conscious enough to breathe and move, so we should be able to get out of here. 

"Flynn?" 

He looks back up at me, his eyes are glossy. 

"We are gonna walk out through the way we came in, and we'll find the vans, okay?" I tell him, his light eyes seeming darker. He nods, allowing me to start pulling him up. 

I balance my legs so I can get his weight on my back, and he won't have as much pressure on his injured side. 

"You did that to Vincenzo?" Flynn's voice is quiet and rough, but I hear him. He keeps his hand pressed hard to his wound.

"Sì," I chuckle, "It felt good to finally shut him up."

My back burns from the angle my spine is at, but we finally made it outside, and the parking lot is in sight. 

"Almost there, Flynn. You good?" I check up on him, making sure he was still conscious. I feel him nod against the top of my head. 

"Zhara!" I hear a familiar voice, and my head slightly turns to see Cobra jogging towards us. His gun was strapped to his back, and he was quick to take up some of Flynn's weight. 

"Shit, what happened?" he breathes out, his assistance making it easier for me to walk. 

"Flynn was stabbed, and the others just left. There's still one van left, though," I mutter, squinting my eyes as I see someone get out of the driver's seat. 

Ren. And I think he sees us. 

I watch as he immediately opens the sliding door, waving at someone inside and I can almost make out what he's telling them. 

I pick up the pace, noticing the wince on Flynn's face. My posture is making the scarred tissue from my past injury hurt, and I don't know how much more my head can take. The side of my skull where I was hit is throbbing, and I still feel the blood dripping off my face.