|8|

{THIRD PERSON}

Koven Di Maggio frantically paced around the office where his twin sister had been not even two days ago. His brothers watched as he rubbed his chin in thought, wondering if they should start doing the same. The only sound that filled the office was the padding sound of the keys on the computer Raul was vigorously typing on and Koven's boots on the ground. 

Oh, and the ticking of the large grandfather clock that Ajax was aching to shatter to pieces. 

Their father was probably out in a meeting, acting like nothing was wrong. Even Rowen, yes, even Rowen, was slightly worried for his sister. 

They had half of their men searching since she escaped, and the sun had barely been up for two hours. Or at least that's what they assumed, they hadn't stepped out of the house since she ran. 

Koven knew she was great at running when she needed to, and the guilt consumed his chest when he realized that last night had been a time where she needed to run. 

"She has to be in New York, yeah?" Ajax asked Raul, who looked up from his computer and rubbed his temple. 

"There are no logs on the plane tickets or any flights, so yes, unless she got a car somehow, even then, she would still be in New York," Raul answers, leaning back in his chair in defeat. 

Hayden sat in silence in the back of the room, wishing his father was here so he could bash his face in for hurting his sister. Although he rarely spoke to his siblings, she was always nicer to him even when she didn't want to be. He felt like a coward, though. He felt remorse for only wanting to do something about his father now, instead of doing it three years ago when the man brought his only daughter into this mess. 

He knew she was something different when she started going on missions with them, but he never held any jealousy for her abilities. Although she had training, she never had as much as them, yet still did her job perfectly. It was in her blood, father would say. Yes, the blood that his father had shared with her, but still treated her like shit. 

"Maybe if you hadn't told her that her mission was on the Armani's, then we wouldn't be in this situation," Rowen said, tapping his gun against the side of the desk in annoyance. Ajax's head spun around so quickly, ready to glare at his brother. 

"Oh, I'm sorry, if I recall, you're the one who basically told her she was a monster," Ajax sneered, gripping the end of the desk as he leaned against it. 

"Will you two stop acting like children?" Koven snapped. Usually the calm and collected one, Koven was losing it. His mind was all over the place and his heart was barely beating right. The feuding brothers quickly stopped their bickering and mutually agreed they all had fucked up somehow. 

Ajax regretted letting out the words that night just minutes before she ran away, but it was bound to come out somehow. 

None of them had seen their father since he stormed out of Zhara's room and left. They weren't surprised he wasn't doing anything to find his daughter, he probably expected her to come back eventually. 

But what if someone had taken her? Worse, killed her- No, they wouldn't think of that possibility. 

They were anxiously waiting for just one sign of where she might be, or at least where she last was. Unfortunately, all of them knew deep down that it would be a while before they heard anything, or if they ever would hear anything at all. 

Koven glanced down at his watch after two more hours, the shiny metal reflecting the symbol carved into it. He closed his eyes when the sound of ringing echoed from his back pocket.