|22|

{ZHARA}

An older man came around to bring me scraps of food every three hours, a clock working in my mind with each minute that passed in between. I never got close to see the guy, though, for many reasons. 

The first one being persuasion. I had to convince them I was gonna be chill and just wait like a weak bitch, then pop out when they least expected. 

The second one being because I didn't trust him, who knew what kind of idiots they had guarding the basements. 

And third, I had to slowly work my way out to ask him questions, hoping since I was being unproblematic for him, he would repay me with a few innocent answers. Well, what he thought was innocent. 

"Sir..." I started, hollowing my throat out to sound weak and hoarse as I called out to the man before he shut the metal door again. He glanced at me over his shoulder, giving me less than the cold eyes he had yesterday and the day before. It's been about thirty-nine hours since Zion had a pissy fit and locked me in here. 

"Has the Don said anything about letting me out anytime soon?" I sniffled, faking the sickness I was bound to get if I stayed in here another day. The man turned away from the door and faced me fully, keeping the door propped with his foot. Mistake number one. 

"No, Miss. I could send him a message if needed," he stated robotically, obviously not realizing who I was and why I was in here. I smirked inwardly and finally removed my arms from their circled position around my knees. 

"Oh, would you mind telling him that my...feminine issues are approaching," I wince visibly, watching the man's face flush slightly as he nodded immediately, quick to turn around. Mistake number two.

Men were so easily frightened by the mention of a menstrual cycle. They act like we're aliens or something. 

"And could you get someone to come down here and screw out the bulb to this light, it's giving me terrible headaches and I have nightmares when I sleep with migraines. I wouldn't want to keep anyone awake with my hysterics," I sighed, forcing a blush as I rubbed my neck and looked towards the floor. The man turned again and nodded with a mumbled 'yes' before exiting and locking the door behind him. 

Now I just had to hope that whoever he sent down was a wimp. 

{ROWEN DI MAGGIO}

"I think you guys should just forget about it already," Stein groaned from his seat in their father's conference room. "We have better things to worry about. Like the fact the supply is out in the open at the dock and that they could steal it back any second."

My fist clenched around the glass of whiskey that I periodically drank out of. My brothers glared at the disrespectful man, not knowing how to prevent themselves from putting a bullet in between his eyes. 

"She is family," Hayden growled, the first time he had said something in twenty-four hours. 

"Yeah, dead family," Stein snorted to himself, leaning back in his leather chair with his hands intertwined behind his head. 

How could the idiot look so relaxed in a situation like this?

"Someone shut him up already," I seethed, slamming the glass on the glazed wooden table. My eyes traveled across the room to all of our inner-circle, watching as a few palmed their guns and grazed the knives they hid. 

"Enough," Ajax rubbed a hand over his face, trying to wipe away the sleep he never got. 

"The note that was left was simple...too simple," he started, sliding the thin, ripped piece of paper across the table so everyone could see better.