|4|

When they said good things don't last, they were right. 

Who's they? Fuck if I know.

I was smart enough to get a good run-up when I jumped, being able to make it onto the grass and not really damaging my body severely. I had a few cuts and bruises, but my stamina wasn't affected. 

I realized over the past few years, the only thing I'm really good at is running. I can seriously run for hours and not get tired. I also seem to run away at the best times, always having an escape ready.

The only problem now was that I didn't have a plan. I would figure it out eventually, but for now, all I could do is run. I could go to one of the hotels we have and stay there, or I could just skip sleep and run for the rest of the night. 

Do I want to be away from the business? Hell yes. 

Do I want to be away from my family? Not so much. 

I feel like I'm abandoning Koven and Ajax...and Flynn, Miss Martha. Hayden rarely talks to me and Rowen is...well, Rowen...

Eh, they'll move on. Just like they did with mom. They should get through my disappearance pretty quickly, if anything, I was holding them back. 

The streets were deserted other than the few stragglers or homeless people. I guess I was homeless now...

My eyes immediately snapped over to the familiar building across the street. The club I was at not even 10 hours ago is sitting there in all its glory, most of the lights off. I sigh in relief, remembering the cash I have hidden here in case of emergencies. Only Koven knows about that one, he's the one that told me I should always have some backup. 

I quickly cross the street, hugging my bag across my chest as my feet hit the pavement. The cool breeze of the night hits my skin, bringing awareness to the fact I only have a hoodie and shorts on. Once my legs hit the sidewalk, I stop running and check my surroundings. The alleyway I was in earlier where I had my little fumble with the 4 guys was darker, but I could make out that it was clear. I turned the corner and felt the brick on my back, holding my breath as I peek around it, making sure no one is coming. 

When I determine the coast is clear, I walk further into the alleyway and see the back exit where I had recently made my exit. I needed to be quick, either my father already had half of his men searching for me to kill me, or Zion Armani has all of his men tracking me down. 

I still can't believe I locked eyes with Capo di Capi, multiple times. The boss of all bosses is more terrifying in person. 

I hate him just as much as I want to see him on his knees again. 

There has always been an unspoken war between my father's family and Zion's, obviously, you can tell who got the upper hand...

From what I have heard recently, their family is still thriving and living like royalty. Honestly, good for them. I don't really know the full story behind what they did to my father to make him hate them so much and attempt- many times- to steal their power. And all this time he's been using me as bait and a tool just to get that power. My life obviously isn't valued. 

All I know is that they did something mildly upsetting to my father, he got mad and started playing a game he couldn't win, spying on them and trying to steal their stocks and whatnot. The Armani's got tired of it and as a warning to stop before they threatened to take everything away from my father, Adriano Armani, Zion's father, sent someone out to kill my mother, and they succeeded. Lora Di Maggio did not deserve to die for my father's mistakes. My mother had always respected the Armani's, so I really found it crazy that they would target her...someone who literally adored and befriended them. Why not me? Why not my brothers? Hell, why not my fucking dog?