Empty Planet Pt. 2

Cassie gets the bomb from under the car seat, and softly carries it away. The doctor leans out of the car and hugs me automatically. I drop my hand from Morgan's and hug her back, letting out a sob of content. She mutters thank you repeatedly into my shoulder as I hug her tightly. She lets go and hugs Morgan. I wipe my eyes with the back of my hand and smile towards the sky.

Morgan walks up to, at first just staring at me. He then grabs onto my hand and tugs me into his embrace. His left hand pulling my waist and his right tangling in the back of my hair. I wrap my arms around his muscular back and let out a sigh in the crook of his neck.

"That was a close one." I laugh trying to make a joke out of it. He chuckles and I feel him lean the side of his cheek to the top of my head.

"And let it be the last." I quickly nod and hug him harder. I hear footsteps approach us causing us to separate quickly.

"We're blowing the car up. The unsub needs to think he was successful. I nod and bite my lip giving a side glance at Morgan who's staring at me. I slowly look away and clap my hands together.

"Okay so back to the station?" I ask and Hotch nods. I mutter a 'ok' and give the doctor one last hug before leaving with Hotch and Morgan in a SUV.

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*★

We all get back to the station and look at Reid's white board full of notes from the book.

"Allegro kills his mother?" Gideon asks and I nod.
"Yea in the end of the book he finds out he's adopted so he finds her. But she became a robot so he killed her." I explain.

"Exactly. The mother is so proud that he turned out to be so brave. She was proud he killed her." Reid says.
"If she's dead how is she proud of him?" JJ asks.

"The whole book is in her point of view. It was her story to tell." Reid explains. Gideon sighs and rubs his face.
"She's the narrator, it's the only story she needed to tell." Gideon whispers more to himself.

"So in order to fulfill the story he's gotta kill his mother." Hotch presumes.
"Ursula Kent. The author." I announce and everyone runs out of the station.

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*★

We suit up and go back to her office, along with others holding flashlights and guns.

Morgan kicks down a door where shouts are being heard. The second we enter the room the unsub shouts at us.

"I have a bomb!" he yells motioning to his hand. We never falter from our aimed position as we all corner him and Dr. Kent, who is being held hostage.

"Leave us alone!" He yells pointing at Gideon.
"We can't do that Allegro." Gideon tells him calmly.

Dr. Kent looks at us and pleads, "I'm okay. It doesn't have to end like this." The unsub shakes his head violently and begins to shout back and forth with Gideon. A red dot appears on the unsub from the sniper that is positioned from above.

Right before he shoots Dr. Kent moves in-front of the unsub and takes the bullet for him. She yells and falls to the floor causing everyone to run towards them. Morgan shoves the unsub towards the cops, who arrest him and take him outside.

I run back to Dr. Kent who thankfully only got shot in her shoulder.

"He's lost. Can't blame him. He just wants to know who he is." She says between ragged breaths. Gideon continues to calm her down until the medics arrive.

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*★

We all sit on the plane doing our own thing. Gideon writes in his journal, Hotch, JJ and Reid play cards, Morgan listens to music, and I lean my head on the window tracing a healed scar behind my neck. I see Morgan get up and walk to where Gideon sits, taking off his headphones.

Just before he sits down he calls me over. I make my way over there and sit in the seat next to Morgan. He lays down and plays with his fingers waiting for Gideon to look up from his journal, but he never does. So instead Morgan decides to speak.

"I heard you were worried about us." Morgan tells Gideon, which makes my eyes widen.

Gideon finally looks up and takes off his glasses. "Excuse me?" he asks.

"The bomb at the parking lot under the car? 'Two young agents that I greatly admire and respect put their lives on the line.'" Morgan quotes exactly what he said about us. Gideon sighs and look at Reid disappointedly.

Reid fakes confusion, a small smile resting on his lips.

"What you guys did with the bomb was stupid. Especially you Del la Cruz, you were the first to stay." He says looking at me. I glance at my hands then back up at him.

"I couldn't leave her to die sir. Not by herself, she was terrified." I answer.

"I didn't say you were wrong. Just stupid." Gideon says as he reaches for his glasses. "And as for what Reid told you I said..." He starts causing me to look at Morgan. "I said it." He finishes as he places his glasses back on.

"I knew that." Morgan says smiling. He gets up grabbing his headphones and motions me to get up as well. I do so and follow him back to my original seat. I sit down and go back to doing what I was before which was looking out the window.

"What's with the..." Morgan asks as he mimics me by scratching the back of his neck. I shrug and look back out the window. "Force of habit."  I respond.

"Ok" he says as if not believing me.

Can't fool a profiler

I look at him and roll my eyes before closing them trying to sleep. I feel a weight on my lap to see that his white socked covered feet lay on it.

"Your turn to be the cushion." He says winking before closing his eyes. I chuckle and place my hands on his legs.
"Whatever you say Morgan."

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*★

Sorry for the short chapter the next ones longer I promise.

Vote and comment!

Word Count: 1058