Targeted

After sitting in plastic chairs for over 6 hours, Derek and I finally fell asleep. The sensation of overbearing tiredness from the case and ast nights events seeping through our veins as we fight to stay awake. A small push on my leg makes me spring up in the chair hastily. A familiar tall and shaggy haired doctor stands in front of me holding a simpathetic smile.

"Good Morging Isla." He voices and I rub my tired eyes.

"Morning?" I ask confused at the time of day.

"Leo has lost a lot of blood. It was touch and go but he made it. He's resting at the moment, but the meds should wear off soon. Once they do you'll be able to visit him." He explains and I nod slowly. "As for you, I recommend going home." He tells me in a stern voice.

"No I'm staying." I say just as stern. He rolls his eyes and huffs.

"Stubborn as ever." He groans and I smirk up at him.

"You can't get rid of me that easily doc." I banter with him. He huffs out a breath and walks away with a small smile on his lips. A small shuffle nudges my side causing my eyes to train on Derek's sleeping form. He slowly sits up and rests his head on my shoulder.

"Morning." I tell him lowly.

"Morning..." He mutters half a sleep. I chuckle and lay my head on the wall behind the chair, staring at my still dirty hands. Smudged blood splatters stain my skin and clothes. I bite my lips and rest the side of my cheek on Derek's head. His deep breathing diverts my mind from worrying to a much more calm state. My phone vibrates in my pocket and when I don't bother to answer, whoever called must have gotten the hint.

Less than a second later Morgan's phone erupts causing him to sigh. He grabs it and flicks it open.

"Yeah Hotch?" He asks closing his eyes again.

"We can't today. Can we sit this one out?" He asks and waits for an answer.

"Thanks for covering for us. Yeah I'll let her know." He finishes than slams his phone shut. He nudges his head closer to me and sighs.

"He said to get some rest and that he'll see you tomorrow." I smile in return and wait for the doctor to come back.

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*★

"You can go see him now." My tired doctors says in a huff. I nod and get up, meeting the doctors eyes. "Are you and all your friends this horrrible to keep hospitalized?" The doctor asks me as he wipes his hands on his face. I chuckle and pat his back.

"Lets hope he's the last of my friends to get edmitted." I reply before going to Leo's room. I enter and look as he lays down and fumbles with his IV.

"I wouldn't take that out if I were you." I comment before sitting at the edge of his bed. His beaten face looks up, making him almost unrecognizable. A small gasp escapes my lips causing Leo to sigh.

"I know, I'm hiddious now. My charming looks have gone to scum." He jokes and I shake my head.

"Leo...what happened?" I ask trying to know the full story. He huffs before slowly laying back down, groaning in the process.

"Once you left I finished with the washing of dishes. I dried them and put them away because I know how much you detest keeping dishes on your counter." He states looking up at me with a small smirk. I roll my eyes and place my hands in his. "Once I was about to put the last mug away and lock the door a small noise was heard behind me. I remember freezing and slowly turning around only to be met with my brother and some of his men." He utters with venom in his voice. I run my fingers over his trying to calm down his beating heart.

"Someone shot my hand as I was reaching for my gun." He adds before lifting up his right bandaged hand. "I tried grabbing my gun with my left hand but by that time his men grabbed me and started punching me. I put up as much of a fight as I could but I was no match for that many men." He sighs before leaning his head on his soft blue pillow.

"By the time I was unable to fight back anymore the fax I asked for arrived at your printer. I had the folder ready to give to you when you returned but my brother got a hold of it. He grabbed it and read all of it. It has everything in it Isla. Your birth parents, adoptive, your sister, the academy, your record, adresses, where you work, your team, your boyfriend..." he trails off. He turns his head away from me, hiding himself. I sigh and take a hold of his face, leaning it back for him to look at me. A few tears steam down his face as he finally looks up at me.

"He tormented me as he read aloud all the new information he was learning. As I layed there trying to maintain the blood from gushing out. He pocketed the information and started trashing your apartment. Shooting walls, pictures, rummaged through your belongings. I kept coming in and out of consciousness so I'm not sure exactly everything he did..." He trials off trying his hardest to remember.

"I'm so sorry luv. You and everyone you love are now in grave danger." He sobs and I roll my lips into my mouth as I place my palms on his bruised face.

"It's okay. It's not your fault." I sooth but he rips his face from my hold aggressively.

"How could you say that Isla! I ruined you! How could you sit here and look a guilty man in the eyes and say such things?!" He yells before scrunching up his face in pain. I fluff his pillow and sigh before looking down at him.

"What do you want me to say? Hm?" I ask.

"I want you to blame me. I want you to walk out of here fearing for your life, because you should. Joshua...I underestimated him." He admits. I scoff and grab a hold of his hands.

"I can't do that Leo and you know it." I state strongly.

"Seems pretty straight fucking forward to me! Why not?!" He asks desperately.

"I love you. And I don't walk away from people I love." I proclaim.

"Than that would be the biggest mistake you've ever made." He states defeated.

"Because you officially have a target on your back luv."

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*★

Sorry for the short chapter, the next chapter  will be longer I promise. Everything changes from this point on, so get ready for things to get more serious.

Vote and comment!

Word count: 1180