Restless

Derek Morgan's POV

It's been a week since we admitted her into the hospital, and she hasn't woken up. She has a small amount of brain damage, severe burnings, internal bleeding, many cuts and bruises, and a loss of four pints of blood which caused her body to go into shock after the adrenaline weared off.

The team has gone on a few cases without Isla, Reid, and I since we spend most of our time at the hospital. Reid is practically all healed besides a few bruises, cuts, and some anxiety. He feels extremely anxious even being on the opposite side of the hospital because he isn't close to Isla. He starts heaving and clutching onto anything around him, so he sleeps on the small couch in Islas room.

I spend my hours sitting in a small plastic chair, clutching Isla's hand waiting for even a twitch. I contacted her mother but she hasn't responded and Laura has been completely ignoring any text or phone call I make to her from Isla's phone. The team stops by everyday but no good news has been given. The doctor says that time is what we need and that it's up to her to wake up, which I call bullshit.

With all the tubes and machines she's attached to they have no way to wake her. It completely baffles and angers me.

I currently sit hunched over in my chair clutching onto her hand whispering since Reid is sleeping across the room.

"Please wake up baby girl. It's been horrible without you. Garcia keeps calling every second of the day asking how her moms doing." I tell her bringing our intertwined hands to my lips that quiver as I laugh lowly at Garcia's actions. "I'm guessing that's an inside joke between you."

"Gideon stops by every morning and sits in this room alone in silence. I'm not sure what he's doing, but knowing him, it's praying. JJ blames herself becuase she was supposed to go with Reid and not you. Reid is an absolute mess without you. He wakes up screaming your name, begging for Tobias to stop hurting you. The kid reads to you every night, he stays up for hours on end reading novels he'd think you'd like. Last night he was reading Harry Potter because all you do is talk about it on your free time." I tell her rolling my eyes remembering all the times she tried to convince me that Draco wasn't actually evil.

"Prentiss buys you coffee everyday around 12 so you guys can continue your lunch dates, even if you don't drink the coffee. She sits here and talks about her day before crying when you don't answer. Even Hotch is hopeless now that you aren't with us at every moment." I tell her.

"He brought his wife and Jack here. You should have seen how interested Jack was in your long nails." I chuckle wiping my eyes. "Hotch stands in front of you but doesn't look at you, he can't even bring himself to speak to you. I think he blames himself for switching our positions last second. He brings his paperwork into the room and sits in the far corner, flipping through papers trying to pretend as if you were awake and helping on a case."

"As for me...I don't even know. It seems like I've completely given up. I spend all my time here, with you. I wake up in this chair, eat in this chair, work in this chair, talk to you in this chair, cry in this chair, sleep in this chair." I explain.

"I blame myself the most. If I didn't push you to the edge this wouldn't have happened. If I didn't call you that name you hated so much we wouldn't be here. If I just didn't ignore you maybe you wouldn't have gone. If I told you I loved you, perhaps you'd be awake to say it back." I sniffle into my sleeve gripping onto your blistered frail hand. The door creaks open and the light slips into the room catching my attention. Hotch looks up surprised to see me awake at this time in the night.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him sitting up wiping my eyes with the back of my hand,  my other still holding Isla's. He closes the door and glances at Reid's sleeping figure, then holds up a vanilla case folder and shakes it lightly.

"Just thought I'd do some work." He answers.

"At 3 in the morning?" I question looking at the clock ticking slowly on the bland white wall.

"Never too early to start working." He says in a fake serious tone, pulling a chair to the door and sitting down, opening his case file.

"So you couldn't sleep?" I ask profiling him. He looks up giving me a look knowing I was reading him.

"No. No I couldn't." He says looking down at his pen in his hand. "I see you are having a difficult time as well." He states looking back up at me. I sigh and shake my head.

"She can wake up at any moment." I tell him staring at Isla's sleeping figure.

"You've been here for days. Go home and get some sleep." Hotch tells me closing his case file.

"I sleep here." I tell him pointing to my chair.

"Some real sleep Morgan...I'll stay with her." He says after a pause. I look up at him knowing that he hasn't even been able to look at her.

"I'll even sit there if that's what it takes." He negotiates getting up from his chair.

"Ok." I give in looking at Isla before I leave. My eyes travel up her body as it's tucked under a light blue blanket.

Once my eyes reach her neck I small bruises line it, the colors blue and purple coating her skin. Her full rose colored lips are slightly chapped and bloody due to her busted lip, causing them to be slightly parted. My eyes travel further up to her eyes that lay closed. Her long eyelashes are slightly curled exposing her dark tired eyebags. A large black bruise lines the bottom of her left eye and extends to her temple. Small cuts sprinkle around her nose under her breathing tube. Her usual tanned skin looking paler under the hospitals lights, making her almost look ill. A bandage is covering her forehead from the gash that layed there from days ago, a small blob of red seeping through it.

I finally let go of her hand and lean down to kiss her forehead. My lips linger for a few extra moments before I stand up to my normal height. I glance forward looking at Reid's sleeping form before looking at Hotch.

"Get some rest. I'll call you if anything happens." He tells me putting a hand on my shoulder. I nod and tell him to have a good night.

"Good night Morgan." He whispers before sitting down in my chair right next to Isla. I open the door and stop out side it, standing alone in the her hallway. Once the door slowly closes shut I stare through the window that looks into her room. Hotch sits tall with his paperwork in front of him on Isla's bed. He glances up at her and sighs rubbing his hands through his always jelled and styled hair, causing it to stick up in places messily.

He covers his mouth with his hand as he stares at Isla for the first time. He really looks at her, at all the cuts, bruises, and burn marks. A tear slips down his face as he slowly reaches for her hand, holding it in his as he closes his folder and just sits there. I smile softly and exit the hospital to the parking lot. I get into my truck and let out a yawn before putting the key into the ignition and driving home.

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*★

A little sad but we see emotion from the whole team, especially Hotch which is surprising to say the least.

Vote and comment on what you think about how everyone deals with Isla's injury.

Word count: 1371