Childhood

Hendricks (Leo) Pov:

I get out of my car and slowly walk into the tall building, dreading the events to come ahead. Once arriving I walk up to their door and raise my hand to knock. Before my hand even reaches the hard wood door Isla swings it open. She steps to the side and signals for me to enter.

A nervous feeling bubbles in the pit of my stomach as I take collected steps into their apartment. I hear the door softly close behind me and faint footsteps following me to the kitchen.

"So mind telling me what this letter is all about?" Isla asks as she spins the letter on the table so I can see the writing. I silently take the letter and read it in my head.

'Hope you enjoyed your little trip down memory lane. I hear visiting parents is quite an emotional toll, especially brining a new boyfriend home. Tell me...did they approve of good ole Derek Morgan? How bout my dearest brother Leo?

Enough with the small talk, this letter is becoming to feel a bit one sided don't you think?

I wanted to inform you that your little trip with your mates would be your last 'win' as Derek likes to call it. From here on out I will be your main priority, I will be your worry.

There is no more winning for you. I will get what I was deprived of, what you and my pillock of a brother remind me of. I will make you and him suffer for the pain it has inflicted upon me, and if you dare try to deprive me of my right, I will not hesitate to take away your so called family.

I have eyes on them constantly. I must say that little boy of your boss, what's his name...Jack?Jacks growing up quite fast, wouldn't want him to grow up without a father now would we.

Give my best to Derek now would you luv? I have a feeling we'll be seeing each other soon.

Ta-Ta,
Joshua'

I put the letter down and rub my closed eyes with my hand, cursing under my breath.

"Well?" Morgan asks as he leans on the refrigerator looking at me.

"You've never met him, not directly I mean." I state broadly.

"Than how have I 'deprived' him?" She asks using the same words he did.

"During the summers of our Academy years I returned to London. I stayed with my mother and brother for vacation until I had to return to America for the Police Academy." I start. Isla nods her head and pushes her hair back.

"Yeah, you've told me this before." She mumbles.

"What I didn't tell you is how fond I was of you." I whisper. Morgan stiffens slightly before I continue.

"Not only as someone I fancied but also as a friend. So I talked about you. At breakfast, lunch, dinner. Really at any moment I could." I say, chucking slightly.

(FLASHBACK)

"Oh mum you would love her." I gush to my mother as I put the dishes away in the cupboards. A scoff sounds behind me as I look to see my younger brother lean on the table.

"Must you always talk about this American girl." He states annoyed. I roll my eyes and turn around holding my towel in my hands.

"She's much more than an American girl Joshua. How'd you know, you can't even get a girl." I tease him. He scowls and looks to mum.

"Tell him to quit it mum." He complains. My mother turns around and places a hand to her hip.

"Instead of complaining about your brother, why don't you do something worth for you to complain about. Leo goes all the way to America, be more like him." My mother's stern voice tells him angrily. Joshua stands up taller and bites his inner cheek.