Surprise

(Play song)

After everything  that happened with Morgan we have grown closer as friends, and hiding my secret from him have been drowning me in regret.  Now the we  have returned from a unsuccessful day of trying to catch one of the most dangerous serial killers we have ever faced named Frank I feel the need to just go home and think about telling the team, especially Morgan.

A knock at my front door causes me to jump off my couch and slowly walk to the door with my gun drawn. I let out a sigh and open the door, revealing Morgan leaning on the wall of the hallway. I smile and open the door more for him to come in, he looks to the side and a short woman with darker skin and blue eyes emerges. My smile drops and my mouth goes dry.

"Hola Zorra." She says using the nickname I despise.
"Hola mami." I tell her.

"Well aren't you gonna let us in?" She says barging into my apartment without me even letting. I sigh and open the door fully to let Morgan in. He stares at me knowing something is wrong. I hear my mother walk around my apartment causing me to tuck my gun in my pants and close the door. Morgan takes off his shoes and stands by the door.

"Zorra where's the rest of your apartment?" She asks flapping her arms around.

"This is it. You're in it Mami." At this She scrunches her nose and goes to the kitchen, opening the cabinets. "There's nothing in here." She points out.

"Well with the job I have I don't really eat a lot at home." I explain.

"So that's why you haven't been calling me. Because of this job?" She asks angrily.

"Mami I'm sorry but I've been really busy lately."

"Not busy enough to tell Laura you know your birth parents." She says causing my hands to roll into fists. I glance at Morgan who awkwardly stands there pretending he's not listening to our family drama.

"Can we talk about this later?" I ask but she sighs dramatically.

"You always say that Zorra, but we never do." She states before looking at Morgan. "Oh I see. You're embarrassed because one of your boyfriends are here."

"He's not my boyfriend Mami, I work with him." I tell her.
"Ah yes the FBI." She tells me rolling her eyes.

"I don't understand how you could have gotten that job, knowing damn well who you are Zorra." She spits angrily.

"Why are you here?" I ask tiredly, flinching from the word she keeps calling me.

"I thought Laura was here." She says looking around.
"She's in New York with her friend."
"Well she told me she was here."
"Then she lied." I deadpan.

"That's because shes spending too much time with you." She says as she walks back to the door.

"So that's it. That's why you came?" I ask already knowing the answer.

"Si Zorra. I'm going back home to find Laura." She tells me opening my door.

"Right." I say biting my lips. "Ciao" I murmur before closing the door after she leaves. I lock it and rest my forehead on the cool flat door. Once I open my eyes I let out a sigh before turning around and plastering on a smile.

"You want something to drink? I got water, coffee, beer-" I start but get cut off.

"Are you okay?" He asks and I smile softly.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" I ask feigning stupid.

"Cut the bullshit Isla." He deadpans. My fake smile falls and I sigh pushing hair away from my face.

"Some times I hate that you're a profiler." I mutter grabbing two beers from the fridge. He ignores me and grabs one of the beers before sitting on one of my bar stools.

"What was that all about?" He asks twirling his hand around in circle as he takes a sip of his beer.

"That was my mother, doing what she does best." I tell him.

"Which is what exactly."

"I don't know. Judging, blaming, unable to show affection." I say listing her flaws.

"What does Zorrow mean?" He says butchering the pronunciation.

"Zorra is a Spanish word for fox." I say correcting him.

"Then why did you recoil at the name if it's cute?" He asks profiling me.

"I didn't recoil at the name." I tell him trying to mask my nervousness.

"Youre lying. You bite your lip, you do that when your nervous." He says studying me. I roll my eyes and chug my beer.

"Quite it Morgan." I tell him looking down at my drink, causing black strands of hair to frame my face. He tilts my head up to meet his and tucks a few strands back. I lean my head slightly into him closing my eyes before snapping our of it and removing his hand from my face. A look of confusion covers his features.

"Stop it Morgan. I mean it." I tell him angrily, my voice slightly rising.

"I'm just trying to understand-" he starts but I cut him off.

"No you're trying to profile me, and I don't feel like getting interrogated. So get the hell out!" I yell at him pointing to the door. He chuckles sarcastically and looks behind him.

"You want me to leave?" He asks and I nod.

"That's what I said." I tell him calmly finishing the rest of my beer before throwing it in the trash harshly.

"If that's what you want, then fine. I'll leave Zorra." He says putting emphasis on the nickname. I suck on my teeth and get off the chair, gripping his arm forcefully. I drag him to my front door and open it with my free hand, shoving him out the door. I kick his shoes outside letting out an aggravated noise and slam the door in his face. I stand by the door breathing hard. At first no sound was heard on the other side of the door, but the sound of glass breaking catches my attention.

"Fuck!" He says loudly before the sound of shuffling is heard, than nothing at all. I let out a shaky breath before locking the door and leaning my arms on it, slightly regretting my outburst at Morgan.

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*★

We finally meet Islas adoptive mother. An argument erupts, lets see how that effects them. 

Vote and comment!

Word count: 1075