Distruction

(Play Song)

"What?" I ask, looking to where he is. My heart drops causing me to let go of my bag and keys, instead grabbing my gun thats in my holster. Derek doing the same.

I run up the last few steps to my apartment door. The white heavy door is thrown ajar will holes in it. I steady my shaking hand, letting my arm be locked out steady as Derek and I stop at the door. He looks over at me and nods once, letting me know to enter quietly. I nod back and slip through the door.

All my furniture was thrown around the room. My walls scratched and smeared with blood. I roll my lips into my mouth hoping it wasn't Leo's blood. Picture frames were smashed on the floor, layering the tiles with broken glass. We peer the corner with our guns drawn, waiting to see if a threat was still present.

As we reach the kitchen it was a complete mess. The refrigerator and freezer were wide open, food falling out of it. All the cabinet doors were open as well. A few of my drawers were opened, with items like tape, string, and takeout menus scrambled around messily. My heart stops when I see that my utensil draw was open and that my cooking knife was missing. A small shuffle is heard in the living room making me look up immediately.

A body is laying on the floor, blood soaking through their clothes. He was shirtless and holding a scrunched up blue shirt to his toned stomach. His pants were almost glued on him due to the blood. I let out a sob and run towards him.

Once I get there I hold Leo's bloody and bruised face with my hands. He looks up through his swollen eyelid, his usual bright light green eyes are replaced by tired darker ones. I caress his face and brush his hair off his sweaty forehead. He groans as he tries to sit up causing me to grab his shoulders and slowly push his head down to lay on my lap. I fiddle for my phone on my belt and open it. The moonlight shines through my large window, letting it be the only light source. Once I finally was able to dial 911, I just say my address before handing up.

I place my hand over Leo's trying to see his wounds, but he takes in a quick breath. His heart rate speeds up and he closes his eyes.

"Hey. Hey. It's okay. Everything's okay." I try to sooth him. I let one of my hands rest on his head, caressing it while the other is over his bloody hand that holds a shirt to his stomach.

"Leo I need to see." I tell him and he opens his eyes, only for tears to escape them.

"I...I should've locked the door." He says with a hoarse voice. I close my eyes and kiss the top of his head. "I should've. This is all my fault. Your place..." He starts to repeat, getting himself anxious. I shush him lowly and rub his arm.

"Sh, its okay. It's okay. Nothings your fault...let me just see." I whisper as I take his hand off his wound. I lick my dry lips seeing a few bullet wounds scattered around his torso. Tears fall from my eyes as I put the bloody shirt back over the wounds quickly.

"Is it bad?" He asks. I look away from his stomach and smile softly. I take both my hands and place them on his wet face.

"No it's not that bad." I lie. He nods slowly and puts his head down, his green eyes darting around the messy apartment. Morgan walks out of my room and puts his gun away. He sees my laying on the floor with Leo on my lap and stops walking. His large hand goes to his mouth before dragging down his face.

"Is he okay?" He asks worried as he sits next to me. I lie and say he'll be fine, but when Leo closes his eyes to take a deep breath I look over at Morgan. Tears stain my face as my lips tremble. I shake my head 'no' slightly and lift up the shirt on Leo's torso. Morgan's lips open slightly before he squeezes his eyes shut.