Training

After a week of recovering, my leg has been doing extremely well. However this past week has been spent with Morgan stuffing food into my mouth, and as much as he won't admit it, I have gained a few pounds. So I decided today was a good day as any to start working out for the physical exam. I drive myself to one of my old friends underground gym.

I open the rusty doors and slip in.

"Hello luv." A voice speaks in his thick British accent. I turn around slowly and plop my bag on the floor.

"You scared the shit outta Hendrick!" I yell at him with a faint smile on my face. He rolls his eyes at the name I called him.

"Firstly you didn't even flinch. Secondly you know I hate my middle name." He tells me as he walks to where I'm standing.

"Exactly why I call you that." I tell Leo. He reaches to where I'm standing and hugs me tightly, me doing the same.

"I missed you Isla." He says before looking at my face, which still has cuts and bruises. "What happened to..." He starts pointing a finger at my face and drawing circles in the air around my face.

"Got kidnapped, still recovering. But I need to train for the physical exam." I tell him showing him my arms that are lined with blue and purple bruises.

"Oh yes luv, I see that little bulge right there." He says rubbing his hand over my stomach. I roll my eyes and shove his hands off my stomach, causing him to laugh loudly.

"Well how bout we start stretching and then get into it." He says and I tilt my head.

"I thought you had some 'special undercover work' to do?" I ask mimicking his deep accent.

"I did, but my dear friend means more to me than undercover work." He tells me causing me to awe sarcastically.

"So we train just like when we did for the Academy." I say aloud, thinking back at how we trained ever day together in order to get into the Police Academy.

"Ah the memories." He reminisces in a joking way. I take off my zip up sweater, leaving me in a sports bra and shorts. His eyes land on my chest before walking up to me.

"That's new." He says looking at my burn marks.

"Yeah, you like. Got them for free, the unsub even threw in some bruises and PTSD." I joke.

"Well you know I'll always have the hots for you luv." He says winking and taking off his slightly cropped black tank top.

"Oh please Hendrick, we didn't work out the first time." I remind him with a raised brow.

"Second times the charm." He says and I shake my head laughing.

"Isn't the saying third times the charm?" I ask while stretching my arms over my head. He looks over at me from his squatted form and smirks.

"I make my own sayings" He says getting up and stretching his legs. I shake my head while laughing as I get into push up position.

"Okay Hendrick."

We start with basic training and building up muscle. He holds the punching bag as I punch and kick it as hard as I can. After an hour of nonstop working out Leo let's go of the bag and shakes his arms. I release my fighting position and rub my forehead from the sweat.

"You're still good." Leo says and I chuckle dryly.

"Thanks. How's work for you lately?" I ask grabbing two water bottles from my bag, tossing one to him. He catches it and opens it.

"Same old. Being undercover messes with you though." He says before chugging the water.

"How so?" I ask taking a gulp of water. He stops drinking and wipes his wet face with the back of his hand.