Home Pt. 1

Isla's POV:

After staying in the hospital for another week doing tests after tests, I was sick of it to say the least. So once I heard the news I was overjoyed. My face was still messed up, bruisings and cuts covered it with small bandages over some. My burn marks are extremely noticible when wearing certain clothing, so I always stay under the blanket. Allowing only the doctor to see them. Stitches line my right leg from being bitten by the dog, and pain errupts through my leg every time I try to walk.

I stare at the same white walls every day, hear the same clock ticking, smell the same stuffy air, feel that itchy ugly hospital gown, and taste the same bland hospital food for every meal. My only second of freedom is when the doctors allow Morgan to take me around the hallways in my wheelchair. It's the closet I feel to free, my hands flow through the air as he runs down the halls making my hair go flinging around when he takes sharp corners. To be honest it's the most fun I've had since the accident, but now that'll change. Today I'm getting emitted out.

Morgan comes around 7am and knocks on the door. The doctor lets him in and begins looking at his chart.

"Okay so keep to your meds, the times are written on this paper." He says giving the paper to Morgan. He looks down at it before folding it in half and placing it in his back pocket.

"Remember to keep your stitches clean and all your wounds. If you feel any discomfort come back immediately. Try to stay calm and relaxed. You can try to start walking in a few days but make sure someone's with you at all times. Until then please stay rested." He tells me pushing his big round glasses closer up his face.

"So no going on the field until I sign it off. Until then just stay home." He tells me but I roll my eyes causing him to sigh and look at Morgan. "Look after her, she's stubborn."

"Oh I know." Morgan tells him chucking. I shake my head and rub my hands together.

"I don't know about you, but I'm ready to get the hell out of this boring ass hospital. No offense Doctor Stein." I tell him but he dismisses me.

"Without you here I'll be a lot more relaxed, you tire me with your talking." He tells me pushing his pen into his square pocket.

"Oh please I changed your life. You never even watched Harry Potter before me." I tell him as I point my finger up at him from from my wheel chair.

"Don't make me bump your leg into the wall." He warns but I chuckle.

"You wouldn't doc." I tell him and he sighs.

"You're lucky that I love my job more than revenge." He tells me causing me to imitate him sarcasticly. Morgan grabs the handles of my wheelchair and begins to wheel me to the door where Reid stands outside.

"Hey Reid. Ready to go?" I ask him as I look up.

"Yea." He says as he pushes together his work bag, go-go bag, and a few papers.

"How's work?" I ask trying to know everything about what I'm missing.

"Not the same without you." He tells me as we begin to make our way outside the hospital.

"Ah Ah baby girl. You heard the doc. You need to relax so no talking about work." Morgan scorns from behind me.

"Maybe I can work from home. You know just look at the case files, and you guys can call me so I can try to profile him as well." I try to convince him but it's no use.

"No Isla. Once you get cleared from the doctor you need to retake all the tests to be able to go back on the field." Morgan tells me making me tense.