Hendrick

(Play Song)

Month after month has passed and all I've been doing is working and trying to find Leo's brother, Joshua. My appearance has changed drastically, my face has become drained, almost as if I were a character in a Tim Burton movie. My usual thinner frame has become thicker with more muscle that now lines my bones. After traveling nonstop, constant working out when stressed, and combat practice I've had no time to really rest.

After I come out of the gym I look both ways, staring longer than I should. Hoping to find a glimpse of shaggy blonde hair that belongs to Joshua.

Once I reach my car I let out a heavy sigh. My phone rings causing me to ruffle in my bag to find it. Once I do I answer it, I put it between my shoulder and face as I start the car.

"Hello luv!" Leo's unusually happy voice booms through my phone.

"Well somebody's full of energy, what happened to my brooding Hendrick?" I ask with a small chuckle. An over dramatic sigh fills my ears causing me to internally roll my eyes.

"I'm tired of being the brooding one in our relationship, that's your job." He speaks causing me to laugh.

"I'm guessing all your wounds finally healed fully." I state as I turn left on a busy street.

"Yes they have, and I've been wanting to hang out with my dearest friend." He speaks.

"Aren't you still in London, searching for traces of your brother?" I ask before turning into Dereks apartment buildings parking lot.

"I haven't been able to find anything, unless you count me finding his mafia mates." He says with an annoyed tone. I get out of the car and lock it before starting my way to his building.

"They haven't snitched?" I ask.

"They're loyal gits." He seethes. I frown slightly and walk into the elevator.

"We'll find him. Between my girl and your resources it's only a matter of time." I say before digging for my pack of cigarettes in my bag.

"And if it's too late?" He asks and I sigh leaning on the cool walls.

"It won't be." I finalize as the doors open and I walk through them.

"So when are you coming back?" I ask as I reach for the correct key to Dereks apartment. I open the door waiting for an answer.

"How bout now." A voice booms infront of me. I smile and hang up the phone.

"Hendrick!" I yell happily as I hug him right before I push him away from me.

"How'd you get in?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"As long as I'm here right?" He says with a sly smirk. I roll my eyes and pull him back into a tight hug.

"As long as nothings broken." I warn into his shoulder.

"Then don't look in the bedroom." He says in between chuckles.

"Figures." I sigh. He looks down at my hand with an unreadable expression.

"You started up smoking again?" He asks, pointing to the cigarette in my hand.

"Yeah, about a month ago." I say kinda disappointed in myself.

"Weren't you 7 years clean?" He mentions. I nod my head sadly.

"Yeah, Morgan doesn't know." I tell him. He nods before a smirk plays on his lips.

"I finally have my smoking buddy back." He adds. I laugh as he grabs my arm and ushers me to the balcony. We sit down and look out at the sunset. I lite my cigarette and Leo grabs his. He flicks it at me, motioning for me to ignite it. Once I do we lean onto the cool metal that lines the balcony and place the cig in our mouths, taking a long needed drag.