Nightmares

(Play Song)

Silky soft sheets engulfs me, making my already somnolent body sink into them. My slumber remains soundless and tranquil. A heavy arm submerging me deeper into depths of the bed. Soft whimpers catch my ears causing me to toss and turn in my sleep.

"Is that you?" I ask Morgan who lays immobile beside me. He moans and buries his head deeper into his pillow. I sigh until I hear noises coming from the guest room. I shift his arm off my waist and haul my aching legs to the side of the bed. I sit up gradually and slide off the bed, slipping my bare feet in a pair of Morgan's large slippers.

Loud screams erupt from his room causing me to shuffle there faster. I limp into the room, slamming the white door open. Reid slashes around in his bed, hair sticking to his forehead.

"Reid...Reid." I repeat as I try to make my way to his bed as fast as I can.

"Stop it. Stop it." He repeats in his sleep. "I'm not a sinner. I'm not I swear." He whines. I grip his shoulders and shake him harshly.

"Wake up!" I yell at him, shaking his shoulders to make him wake up.

"Take me! Leave her alone...Please!" He begs kicking his feet around. I crawl onto the bed and push his hair off his face.

"Reid I'm right here. I'm here!" I tell him.

"Isla! No! No!" He yells out, reliving the kidnapping. Someone runs into the room, the sound of slapping feet bouncing off the wooden floor.

"What's going on?" He starts as I look back at him, showing him Reid. "Oh no" He mutters before coming to his bed side.

"Reid. Wake up. Come on." Morgan tells Reid. Tears gloss my eyes as I look down at Reid's thrashing body. I grab Reid's face in my hands as I caress his wet cheeks, doing what I did the days we were taken.

"Spency. Wake up, I'm right here." I tell him, hoping he would wake up. His eyes bulge out of his head as he sits up gasping loudly.

"Isla?" He asks with a tired smile.

"Yea. I'm right here Spency." I tell him, moving pieces of brown hair off his forehead. He wraps his skinny arms around me, his hands gripping onto my back tightly. I place my hands over his shoulders, one hand going behind his head. Reid cries into my shoulder, causing me to play with his long hair trying to calm him down.

Morgan sighs in relief next to me and rubs his tired eyes.

Reid's sobs turn into soft cries, then to sniffling. I let go of him, making him grip onto my hand instead.

"It's okay, I'm here. Ok?" I tell him and he nods slightly, not looking at me nor Morgan.

"How bout I sleep here tonight?" I ask Reid. He finally looks up at me and tilts his head.

"No. I-it's okay." He tells me but I shake my head.

"No Ima stay here with you. Right Derek?" I ask looking behind my shoulder. Morgan nods and puts a hand on Reid's shoulder.

"Yeah. You need her more than I do right now Reid." Morgan tells Reid before lifting his hand off his shoulder than leaves. Reid goes back under the covers and I follow suit. I adjust the blanket so it's over us before I rest the side of my head on a pillow, looking at Reid.

"I'm sorry if I woke you up." He apologizes but I tell him not to worry.

"So you and Morgan huh?" Reid asks suggestively. I laugh quietly and shove his shoulder playfully.

"Shut up Spency." I tell him causing Reid to smile slightly.

"You guys look good together." Reid tells me and I scrunch my nose up a little.

"Yea?" I ask with a small childlike smile
forming on my face.

"Yea." He says. I smile up at him and grab his hand.

"You'll always be my favorite genius, Spency." I tease him and he chuckles, gripping onto my hand.

"Thank you." He tells me causing me to furrow my eyebrows.

"For?"

"For not leaving me, like everyone else." He says looking at our hands through the dim light caused by the moonlight.

"I'd never." I tell him as I snuggle deeper under the blanket.

"I know." He whispers before we both drift off.

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*★

This was short but needed chapter. I absolutely love Reid and Isla's friendship. It's so pure and will last a lifetime. And the line Derek told Reid made me literally 'awe' as I wrote it.

Vote and comment!

Word Count: 782