Brother

After a few minutes Leo comes in and sits down next to me and Derek on the floor. He grabs my hand and kisses my knuckles. I smile at him and lean my head on his shoulder.

"Where are..." Morgan starts but trails off.

"Your boss came and brought them to the station with the lanky one." Leo answers. I chuckle softly at his description of Reid before I sigh and wipe my eyes.

"Lets go see Roberto." I sigh hating the conversation ahead. Morgan nods and gets up, offering me a hand. I gladly take it and look down at Leo who is still seated. He looks up at me and gives me a small smile.

"I'll stay here, this is a family matter." Leo says scrunching up his face slightly. I roll my lips into my mouth and look down at him.

"Leo you are my family." I state clearly. He shakes his head and points to Derek.

"No you two go up there, I'll be here." He murmurs. I sigh and lean down to kiss his forehead.

"Okay" I whisper before I grab Morgan's hand and slowly walk up the stairs. We make our way to the last bedroom that has a white door with a few scratches in the paint. The door is slightly ajar but I knock before entering. A skinny, averagely tall boy sits with his back to us, instead looking out his window where a cop car sits parked in front of his house.

"Roberto." I start and the boy slowly turns around.

"Why did you do that?" He asks as tears fall down his face. His brown eyes beg for an answer but his ears already know the answer.

"I'm sorry, I truly am." I tell him. "You didn't deserve to get your parents taken from you, but it wasn't healthy." I explain entering the room. He gets up defensively and stands by his window.

"How would you know what's healthy or not?!" He asks with tears glossing his eyes. I cover my mouth with my hand as I try to think of the best way to answer.

"Roberto you have a bruise on your cheek, I saw it when you opened the door." I tell him with a tired voice.

"You don't know anything!" He yells at me.

"But I do know, Roberto!" I yell back before I catch my tongue and take a deep breath. "I do know, you tried to hide it from me. Not only do I study behavior, but me and you. We're the same." I explain.

"The only thing we share are the same parents." He says angrily. I bite my lip and ignore his words.

"Listen you don't have to like me, but I'm here to help you." I clarify getting up from my sitting position on his bed. He looks out the window as his foot bounces on the floor repeatedly out of anger.

"Help me?!" He yells at me. His hair falls to his face and his face becomes red. "You did this to me!" He yells pointing out the window. I ignore his yelling and sit back down next to Morgan on the bed.

"You have a choice here Roberto. You have two options." I tell him, showing him my hand that is folded showing the number two. "One, you can come and live with me. I am your legal guardian as of now. Two, you go into the system, and let me tell you this. You are a 15 year old boy, you will not be adopted." I tell him, explaining his only two options.

"I'm not going with you." He seethes.

"You don't need to like me. You just live with me until you're 18." I explain.

"Not gonna happen." He finalizes. I bite my lip and nod once.

"Fine, I'll drive you to the station. From there they'll put you in the system." I tell him. He bites the inside of his cheek before letting out a grunt. Storiming out the room he slams his bedroom door leaving only Morgan and I alone on his bed.

A breath I didn't know I was holding gets out as I place my face in my hands. Morgan's hand runs up my back than back down.

"That went well..." I utter.

"Could've been worse." Morgan mentions. I scoff and lean my head to the side, holding my face with the palm of my hands.

"I suppose." I say not really believing him.

"Hey, hey. Today was a win, you know that right?" He asks. I nod my head and look forward.

"I know, it just feels like I failed." I tell him honestly.

"You didn't, today was a win. And we needed a win for once." Morgan says sighing. I nod my head and get up off the bed. Morgan's hands fall off my back as I stand in front of him on the bed. I place my hands on his face and look into his eyes. The same eyes that I found annoying when I first got into the BAU a year and a half ago.

The same eyes that made me smile. The same eyes I saw as a friend. The same eyes I grew feelings for. The same eyes that sacrificed his life for me. The same eyes I fell in love with.

I smile and place my forehead to his, closing my eyes. I feel him smile against my hands causing me to lift my forehead and place a long passionate kiss on his lips. He kisses me back and pulls me forward onto the bed with him. We kiss before he breaks it with a bright smile on his lips.

"There's that smile. You know I missed it?" I ask with a small smile playing on my own lips.

"Really?" he asks looking up at me from my straddling position. I look down at him and nod, a few strands of hair falling. He smiles up at me and tucks those same strands behind my ear.

"Yeah, you've been so serious since the whole Joshua thing." I tell him honestly.

"Well I promise to smile everyday for the rest of my with you." He says with a smirk. I lean down and press a kiss on his lips.

"Good." I whisper.

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*★

Jake T. Austin plays Roberto Juan Del la Cruz (Isla's brother)

Looks like Roberto can't forgive Isla for adopting his parents, even though he too was abused. Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter, I updated twice in one day!

Vote and Comment!

Word count: 1099