CHAPTER 13 THE NEXT DAY

The next day was a new day. This time it wasn't just Ace who woke me up, but found everyone in front of me.

Juvia was speeches... Though some didn't join because of the crowd, I could clearly see every commanders along with Ace. But never seen Thatch.

Shaking my head mentally, I smiled at everyone and greet them with my usual greetings.

Juvia found out that Thatch's funeral was yesterday and she clearly missed it. She was disappointed and yet agreed anyway. Its her fault for being weak, and she's glad Thatch could rest in peace. If only she succeeded on killing teach who she learned after Ace explain to her every details and that he stole a devil fruit from Thatch. She would be very grateful anyway...

*Sigh*

Another problem also... Is that she's trying to control the rain but only instead lessen it. The clouds are now calm down but still cried. She now can't control it properly but she could at least lessen it. In order to stop the rain completely, she would need some time and a lot of energy to stop it temporarily.

Reaching to the main hall, she began to eat her breakfast when she notice half of the crew went missing. "Where are the others?" Asked Juvia to Marco. But marco only shake his head.

"We already found an island and decided to go when this happened.. now that everything's finally calmed down, pops wanted to let the others go in the island and recharge" he said.

Juvia nodded in the process and went outside after leaving her plate in the kitchen for the cooks to clean. She'll help them later.

Juvia then ask whitebeard if she could join Ace and the crew, which ends with whitebeard laughing and agreeing. "Go and have fun! Gahahhaa!"

He said. After Ace learned about it, both siblings went towards the island village with some of Ace's crew. "Now what we'll have to do is gather or buy some fruits, veggies and meats for the cooks.. definitely buy some sakes and beers and.. some things for personal uses" juvia and the others nodded.

"Let's split up"

At the end, Juvia found herself walking towards a market place while wearing a dark blue cloak, and with her main weapon, her umbrella. She should really need to name her weapon...
'Ace niisama would have come with the others for personal uses and sakes... Should Juvia buy some food?...' don't get Juvia wrong, all the money they got are from pops.

She then bought, 2 boxes of apples, 2 boxes of oranges, 5 sack of rice, a lot pf meat and boxes of veggies. With the help of the rest of the crew, everything was sent in the ship.

'Juvia would really like to walk around the place..' the village was a peace looking village. But don't get her words wrong, even though they have those happy smile of theirs, she could clearly see how their not please of having some pirates... 'Juvia wonder why...'

She would be very understandable if this place was visited by some pirates before. And this pirates are not really the kind type she guessed...

That's when she saw a kid trying to steal an apple. 'So even this place has this kind of type people...' no wonder...

"Hey you brat!!! Do you think I wouldn't notice you!?!" It was understatement... She already notice the man's eyes traveling watching the kid's hand almost grabbing the fruit. But still the child didn't notice him and was caught.

"Im sorry i didn't have a choice! My sister is sick and needs food to eat!!"

"I don't care if you eat scraps! You trying to steal mines and Ill kill you!!!"

Juvia watch the scene with unease. This people who saw the scene just close their eyes and walk away ignoring such behavior! To a place where pirates or bandits rarely came... It's people does not show the same behavior as a peaceful island.

"*Pack!*"
The child was hit hard in the face before I finally decided to interfere.

"Isn't hitting a child to be a very low move?..." Juvia asked. Now the guy huff in anger before pointing his dirty fingers towards Juvia. "Its none of your business you damn pirate!! This damn bastard stole an apple from me!! *Scoff* looks like facts are true. Once a son of a street rat always stays like a rat!!!"

Tch "shut up, do you have any evidence that can proved that he stole your product? He didn't even touch it..." fun fact, what Juvia said was true. No one ever saw the child touching the apple.. but even still, she knew that the child was about to steal, but decided to ignore it. 'Besides...'

"You!-"

"He just have to pay the fruit right? Let me pay it instead, and this might be solve peacefully"

And like a strong current of water.. hit the spectators. Juvia gave a hard stare. "Im just a damn pirate anyway.. right?"

The man gave a deep gulp before giving a 'fine!' and let Juvia pay up as plan. Juvia payed up for six apples and grab the child's wrist. The child was about to resist when suddenly Juvia caught is attention.

"Don't resist.. its better to let this slide, let's go" and drag the child away.

They then stop in an alleyway before the child finally stop and grab his wrist away from Juvia's hold.

"I can go on my own!" Juvia stare at him with an emotionless look. It's clear that she's observing him. But to him, he looks like his glaring.

Yes... He thought that's juvia's a he...

"Whats your name?" The child gave a scoff. "Why would I tell you! I don't even know you!!!"

Ah! 'He has a point... Silly Juvia...'

"My name is Juvia Lockser, what's yours?" The child look at her like she grew two heads... 'his creepy...'

"Tch... My name is... Leo..." Juvia wonder... 'Just Leo?...' and by the look at it, he seems like an orphan... Maybe he really is... Then her sister...

"Anyway, I'll be going now..." Leo turned his attention towards the entrance of the alley way and gave a wave still facing in front of him. But then he was stop suddenly.

"Before you go... Take this" and show him the six apples. Leo was surprised and was stunned. The man didn't just save him from being killed but also gave him the fruits...

"Why?" Juvia move her head indicating she's confuse. Leo gave a deadpanned towards the confuse man.

"Because your sister needs it"

'!........'

"... Thank you" Leo went towards Juvia and took the fruits away from her and once again walk away when he was stop...

Again...

"Wait"

"WHAT NOW!?!"

"..."

"Leo..."

"?"...

"Im a she" and smiled letting him see the person hidden in the dark blue cloak.

'Now then...-"

*********************