CHAPTER 23 JOURNEY WITH THE STRAW HATS #1 TO YUBA

Their 'little' stunts made the straw hats wonder if Luffy's relatives are all monsters. When they first heard about Ace and Juvia being a pirate and being one of those famous and infamous people, they already describe them as strong.. BUT NOT THIS STRONG!!

They then realize that they are still below average (which is not true) and wanted to get stronger. Usopp, Luffy, and Chopper in the Going Merry are toasting for Ace and Juvia joining the Straw Hats. Meanwhile Sanji who finally calm his self down after Chopper tried to save his life earlier keeps on smiling at Juvia like an idiot with heart eyes. 

Ace visibly glare at Sanji while Juvia was confuse is to how her brother's acting strange. 'Did Sanji san did something that can angry this grumpy old man?....' she thought. 

"No, Im not joining you guys" said Ace finally braking his eyes towards Sanji and smiled at them. 

"What!? why!?" ask Luffy and Usopp. "Because I am only here for a 'business'" he said. 

"Besides, Ace is already in a pirate crew... *scary grin* Do you really want to face an emperor's wrath?~" ask Zoro who obviously trying to scare them.

"NO!!!" Which was pretty sad because Usopp and Chopper believe it. Thinking of it, Nami flinch at the thought. 

"How about you Juvia!?" asked Luffy. "Didn't I told you already Lu? I don't want to have any crew and just wants to travel around the wold" is the answer of Juvia. 

"Now that your saying this... do you mean you never actually want to be a pirate?" asked Nami in surprise. She actually thought that an idol like her wouldn't quit suddenly especially that she's popular (damn maybe she's even rich!!) so why?

"Juvia never once said that she want to be a pirate not even when she was young or that her brothers both wanted to be a pirate, those marines are the ones who assumed things and baam Juvia became one..." she said in third persons. 

"That's... unforgivable!" exclaimed Nami. But Juvia only shrug in return, understanding why's she's angry. "It's not really a big deal.. as long as no admiral will try to hunt me down then its fine" she said. 

Sighing, not too long they also began to learn what Ace meant to say as 'business'... he explains that he is in search for Blackbeard after he killed one of his crewmates. Juvia visibly flinch at the name so clear that they could notice it. 

"Now, Im heading to Yuba to search for that man" he said. 

Nami tells him that they are going to the same place. Vivi proceeds to explain the route and after that, they toast for having a fun time together.

×××

The next day, The going merry landed in one of Alabasta's cost to hide their ship from any enemy.

Juvia stared at herself on the mirror. "This will do, Thanks Nami san" i said to nami who smiled at me.

"Its nothing, beside it's just a dress i buyed for incase I need it, beside im actually one of your fans!!" She said which made Juvia chuckle. "Ok ok"

'Damn, if she weren't a she and a male.. I bet I would have already fall head over heals for her...' nami thought while smiling bitterly.

Earlier, before they landed, Juvia ask Nami to borrow one of her dress. And it was a white sleeve dress that reaches below the knee. She then grab her umbrella and her winter hat.

(The dress😃:)

Nami wonder why she needed an umbrella everyday... Is she scared of being tanned or hate the heat?

"Juvia chan, why don't we wear robes to protect us from heat?" Namie offered as Juvia nodded. "That's a good Idea"

Before Juvia met the others, She and Ace already bought their own robes to cover themselves from heat. Juvia has light cyan blue while Ace has orange.

After wearing their robes, everyone then met each other outside. Vivi asks Karoo if he can deliver a letter for his father. The Straw Hats arrive at the desert and Chopper comments that he bets it will be hot.

"It gets over 50 °C in the desert" said Nami. Just then Sanji then notice that Nami, Vivi, and Juvia are wearing full clothes and cries out to them why did they change.

"If we exposed our skin in the desert, it would result in a sunburn" Vivi said.

Ignoring the wailing Sanji, Zoro began to drop the anchor when he sees figures inside the water. There they appeared, Kung-fu dugongs.

Things happened as it took only one punch from Luffy. Then suddenly they become Luffy's pupils. Luffy starts training with them and they want to follow him afterwards.

"Its good to see you having fun Luffy" said Juvia who smiled.

'I think his always having fun though' thought the others.

Chopper comes up with the idea of giving them food so they stay at the shore.

Soon we all then arrive at a place Vivi called as Erumalu. She said that it used to be popular but now it just looks like a ghost town...

Dance Powder was used to rain in Alubarna and people called it the King's Miracle. After that, a load of the powder was set as if the king had order it, making it seem like the king was provoking the droughts in the towns of the surroundings. Luffy gets angry and destroys a building with a punch.

'Luffy...' juvia thought in concern.

"I CANNOT WAIT TO DO IT NOW!!!"

×××

On the way to Yuba was eventful. To say everyone except to some certain people walk like their being cook in an over. Even Zoro sweat a lot as well. Ace was unexpectedly fine, but it was different for Juvia. Juvia was okay when in comes of cold temperature thanks of always hanging out with Gray. But it was different because water is weak to heat. 

Like Chopper who's not used to hot weather (also because of his fur). Juvia's water inside is much more fragile as it could always evaporate making her feel dehydrated. Thankfully, she's a water make mage and not Ice mage...

She could always summon a spell to make her cool down using her sweat, she made it's temperature to be cold enough for her to survive. 

It's different for Luffy thought...

Finally the day end once again as it finally reaches sundown. 

*******************************