Preparation Day 2: Speechless

Aizawa's POV:

Izuku was still apologizing and he was suddenly wobbly on his feet.

Mic: Are you okay, Izuku?

Izuku:...

Me: Problem child?

In the next moment, he collapsed right in front of us. I somehow managed to catch him right before he could hit the ground.

Mic: Is he okay?

Me: I don't know yet. I will bring him to Chiyo.

With that I took him and carried him all the way to the healer's infirmary and laid him down on one of the bed.

Chiyo: What happened to him?

Me: He just collapsed.

Mic: You should have seen what he did to Sho before that!

Chiyo: Oh I saw the picture!

Me: ZASHI!

My husband was unbelievable sometimes!

I can't believe you just shared that picture with everyone!

I didn't had my phone with me so I would see it later. We could hear Izuku waking up. He was out only for 15 minutes but it was still concerning that, he would just lose conscious like that.

Izuku: Why am I here?

Me: You blacked out.

Izuku: Oh...

Chiyo: When was the last time you ate something?

Me: Besides sugar!

Chiyo: I thought I strictly told you not to consume any sugar anymore!

Izuku: I am sorry.

Me: This doesn't answer the last question.

Izuku:...

I saw him nibbling on his lower lip. It was obvious that he didn't wanted to talk about it.

Mic: *Sigh* I will let Lunch Rush make something for you.

He looked pained and all I wanted in this moment was to distract him for a while. On top of that, I needed to know what the heck happened.

Me: Soo, what happened?

Izuku: Huh?

Me: I mean how did you manage to get me wrapped up in my own scarf when only moments earlier every move you made was sloppy.

Izuku: I ahm... I am sorry.

He closed his eyes and he looked ready to take a beating.

Me: Listen, problem child, I am not gonna hit you!

Izuku: You are not mad?

Me: Why should I be?

Izuku: Cause I just put you in a discomforting position.

Chiyo: That has nothing to do with you. It was Mic's fault.

Izuku (whispering): I can't tell them about the rules....

It was hard to hear him say that but I picked it up and it took my interest. I was not someone to let it just slide. It was obviously something important.

Me: What rules?

He first looked at me with wide eyes and then away from us.

Then I heard the door open and Mic came in with some food. He was however not alone, Nezu was following him.

Nezu: I heard you collapsed, Izuku. Are you feeling better now?

A nod as a respond.

Me: Kid, what rules?

I wouldn't let this one go. The feeling that this was something important was nagging at me.

Nezu: I believe it has something to do with your former quirkless status, am I right?

My eyes widen in realization. I knew that he was a late bloomer but I didn't know the details. If what Nezu was implying was correct than that would make a lot of sense.

We all looked at Izuku, who was now uncomfortable looking at the bed sheet and nodded.

Nezu: All right, Izuku I do not want to pressure you for today. I also won't forget this.

Izuku: I understand.

Me: How about you tell me how you managed to flip me on the ground so quick.

Izuku: Ahm...

Nezu: It's okay Izuku, no one will hurt you fort that or be mad at you.

Izuku: *Exhale* You threw the scarf at me and I caught one end and then pulled you towards me while also flinging your capture gear to the right. Then I used the moment to side step you and vanish from your sight and swooped you off the ground.

Nezu: I see, thanks to the moment of you flinging his scarf to the right and the short moment his feet lost contact to the ground, you were able to wrap him up completely.

A nod.

Izuku: Yeah and then I just used the grip and quickly but softly laid him down while also making it hard for him to stand up again.

Nezu: Did you use your quirk?

Another nod.

I was completely stunned. No words came out of my mouth. Nothing could have described this moment. Nothing at all!

Me: To what extend?

No answer.

Recovery Girl: Izuku?

No answer again.

Nezu: Let me guess, judging from the speed you used, I would say 30%.

Izuku: 42% actually.

Again I was left speechless. However, there was one question that was circling around my mind.

Me: How did you managed to do that with my scarf?

Izuku: I saw you using it and studied your every move. It also helped that you used it multiple times on me.

Now I was left even more speechless.

The rest of the day, I spend my time besides Izuku and made sure that the boy ate something and not consume any sugar anymore. After that we also trained a little bit more and it quickly became painfully obvious that he was not weak at all. He was training and that hard. I felt proud of him being my student and being able to beat me every single time. That kid had more potential then every single one I have seen so far but he also lived to the name of a problem child, which concerned me.

I felt also very sad and disappointed in myself for not being able to see it sooner.

Why couldn't I see that his movements were flawless even when he was sloppy they were still flawlessly placed that way.

Why didn't I see all his muscles?

Why didn't I see how skinny he was?

Why couldn't I realize anything at all?

Then the most important question came to my mind and that was the reason why I insisted on escorting him home.

Why wasn't his mother doing anything against it?

I knew that she was a lovingly mother or that was what I have been told so why wasn't she taking care of him?

What happened for him to change that much?