:A Surreptitious Relationship: Chapter Eleven

My first instinct was to leave the room, but Aaron quickly figured out my motive and stepped in front of me, easily pushing me back towards the desk I’d been standing by. I stumbled over my feet, unaccustomed to the fuzzy feeling in my head and the shakiness of my feet. Before I knew it he had me pinned, his arms on either side of me, and his knee between my legs so I couldn’t move.

“You said it was pink lemonade,” I accused.

He smirked. “Yeah. Mike’s Hard Pink Lemonade. Although, I’m a bit worried for you, Holly. No one gets buzzed after two bottles.”

I shook my head, trying to push him away from me. My hands grappled at his chest uselessly, too weak to have any affect on him. “Move.”

“I’m pretty comfortable right here.”

“Move.”

“I just want to talk,” he said coaxingly.

A wave of dizziness washed over me and I put my hands on Aaron’s shoulder to steady myself. “About what?”

He smiled. “Your relationship with our teacher.”

“It’s none of your business!”

“Maybe not, but I know about it so I can use it to my advantage.”

I set my jaw. “I thought you wanted to be a cop?”

He snorted. “You actually believed that cock and bull story? Well actually, I’m a pretty convincing actor.”

“Then why…?”

Aaron gave me an impatient look. “There doesn’t need to be a reason for everything, Holly. I tried helping you, but you won’t listen. You’re dating our gym teacher, your best friend has a crush on my slut of a sister, who has a crush on him, your boyfriend and your boyfriend’s best friend, who has a crush on you.”

It took a few seconds for my impaired mind to catch up with what he just said. “Mr. Heywood doesn’t have a crush on me…”

“Yes he does,” Aaron snorted. “That’s why he got so offensive when I threatened to tell the school about you and Mr. Ross.”

“Leave him out of it,” I snapped, feeling hotter and hotter by the second. “He’s got nothing to do with my relationship with Jeremy. Now move.”

Aaron shook his head. “I’m not done.”

“I am,” I stated forcefully, pushing on his shoulder again, but this time more forcefully. “Move.”

“Don’t be like that.”

“I mean it, Aaron.”

Narrowing his eyes, he gave me a mocking expression. “I mean it too, Holly.”

He leaned closer to me, making me bend over backwards on the desk, the edge digging into my lower back painfully. My breath cut short at his proximity. A low chuckle left his lips.

“You look scared,” he commented.

I turned my head away from him. “I’m not.”

“Yes you are.”

“What do you want?” I demanded.

He smiled viciously, moving a hand to my cheek and turning it so I faced him. “Look at me when you talk to me.”

For a second I stared at him, my vision showing me two Aaron’s instead of one. I blinked rapidly, feeling panic build up in me. I couldn’t be that buzzed, I’d barely drank anything! But I couldn’t even build the effort to push his hand away from my face. In a way it was soothing— the cool, clammy feeling of his palm against my hot, sweaty cheek.