:A Surreptitious Relationship: Capitulo Treinta-Cinco, Parte Uno

"Well hello transfer student," Lance greeted, sidling up to me, and wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "How you doin'?" 

            I rolled my eyes at him, pushing him away, pausing in front of the back entrance of the school. "Transfer student?" 

            He nodded. "You haven't hung out with me in awhile, so you've dropped on my friend pyramid." 

            "I'm sorry," I apologized, frowning. "We can hang out some time this week. Me, you, and Casey." 

            "No boyfriend?" Lance questioned. 

            "No boyfriend," I told him honestly. "I don't need to be around him twenty-four seven, Lance." 

            He raised an eyebrow, looking at me skeptically. "Sure..." 

            "I don't! I just like to be around him. As I should. Since I'm his girlfriend." 

            "I want a girlfriend," Lance sighed wistfully. 

            I nudged him in the side. "Go ask Lexi out. Jeremy turned her down so I think you have a chance now." 

            His eyes widened. "I thought she was dating Willis?" 

            "They broke up," I told him. "I think she was dating some other guy too, but they broke up as well. You might as well give it a shot, huh?" 

            Determination flashed in his eyes. "She'll soon love me. Just watch, Holly, she and I will be closer than you and Heywood are." 

            I snorted. "Impossible. Chris and I have a love bond that can never be broken." 

            "Love bond, hmm?" a new voice pitched in, sounding amused. "And I thought I said the cheesy stuff." 

            Blood rushed to my cheeks and I twisted around to come face-to-face with Chris. He smirked at me. I did my best to keep my composure. "G-good morning, Mr. Heywood." 

            "Good morning, Ms. Evers," he responded, patting my head. "I have a feeling this is going to be a good week." 

            "Why's that?" Lance asked, crossing his arms. 

            Chris wagged his finger at him. "Ah, young one, that is the question, isn't it?" 

            He blinked back. "Okay..." 

            "He's happy because Aaron is going to be in the hospital for awhile," I told Lance, shaking my head at Chris, who was now grinning like a maniac. "Even though he shouldn't be so happy about someone being mugged," I added accusingly, shooting him a dirty look. 

            He shrugged. "He had it coming. It saved me the trouble." 

            "Chris!" 

            "Holly!" 

            "Lance!" 

            I paused. That didn't sound like Lance's voice. "Casey?" 

            "Holly?" 

            "Casey?" 

            "Hi Mr. Heywood!" she chirped, popping out from behind Lance. "You're looking excellent today!" 

            Chris flashed her a handsome smile. "Don't I everyday?" 

            "No," she deadpanned.