:A Surreptitious Relationship: Chapter Fifteen

It wasn’t everyday I walked into Chris’s classroom to find him watching a Youtube video with cute animals in it. He didn’t notice as I quietly shut the door behind me. Doing my best to stay as quiet as possible, I slowly tiptoed towards his desk. Luckily for me he was too intently focused on the video to note me. Holding in my laughter, I grasped his shoulders as tightly as I could.

The next thing I knew my nose was throbbing painfully.

“Shit,” Chris swore, yanking off the headphones. “Sorry, Holly. I thought you were Jeremy…”

I stared at him in horror, holding my nose. “You just randomly punch Jeremy?”

He gave me a blank look. “Yes?”

“That’s mean!”

A chuckle left his lips and he pulled me towards him, making me sit on his lap. “Is your nose okay?”

“A kiss would make it better,” I mumbled sarcastically, pulling my hand away from it. It still panged painfully. “You really pack a punch.”

He took my hand in his, giving me a quick kiss on the nose. “Well, I am known for my one hit KOs.”

I winced at the memory. “Oh, I know.”

“So is there a reason for you coming to visit me?” he questioned, resting his chin on my shoulder.

“Not really. I just had the urge to see you,” I admitted honestly, growing embarrassed. “Ah, that sounds weird.”

He squeezed my abdomen tighter. “No it isn’t. I wanted to see you too.”

“Really?”

“I want to see you all the time,” he told me, his breath tickling my ear.

I squirmed from the feeling, pulling my head away. “Don’t do that,” I scolded, feeling my heart beat increase.

“Don’t do what?” he inquired innocently, breathing on my ear again. “This?”

“Yes that!”

“Why?”

I shuddered, wriggling on his lap. “It’s giving me the tingles.”

“The tingles?” he repeated, laughing quietly. “That’s good. Does this give you the tingles?” Without warning, he pressed his lips to the hollow spot under my ear.

I jumped in surprise, turning my head to him. “C-Chris!”

He smirked at me. “You’re so innocent.”

“Sorry,” I snapped.

“It’s cute,” he apprised me, ruffling my hair. “I like knowing I’m the only one who has witnessed the reactions you have when someone does something new to you.”

I blushed now, turning my head away. A frown flitted across my face. I’d been doing so well with holding my blush back… How could he make my cheeks heat up so easily? It was almost inhuman.

“Oh!”

“Yes?”

“How’d you get on Youtube?” I questioned, glancing back to his computer, where the video was still playing.

He gave me a smug look. “It’s a teacher privilege.”

“Why are you looking at videos of animals?”

“I think I might get a pet,” he responded thoughtfully. “I’m so used to you coming over my apartment it’s really lonely when you’re not there. I thought a pet would make it more bearable… Unless you want to move in.”