:A Surreptitious Relationship: Chapter Fifty-Three

My teeth chattered as I waited in the chilly May night air, crossing my arms tightly against my chest. Even with Chris's coat, I was freezing. The cold bit at my exposed legs and it took all I had not to bend over and rub them warm. I was a block away from the country club, waiting in the dark for Chris to pick me up. It would've been too risky to climb into his car at the club. Jeremy had offered to transfer my over night bag into Chris's car for me, so I'd headed out to our rendezvous point early. A decision I regretted completely.

            Finally, after ten numbing minutes, Chris's Eclipse came into view, driving slowly down the road. The minute it came to a stop beside me I flung the door open, scrambling in to its warmth. "Heat," I sighed, pressing my cheek against the vents.

            "Sorry," Chris apologized with a chuckle, leaning over and pressing his warm hand against the cheek not pressed against the vent. "It's hard to escape responsibility. Especially when it comes to cleaning at eleven at night. Everybody just wants to go home."

            "I just want to go home," I responded tiredly, yawning widely. "I'm beat."

            "Straight to bed then?"

            I locked gazes with him. "It depends on what you mean."

            He frowned the tiniest bit. "It depends on what you want it to mean."

            "You know what I want it to mean."

            "I want what you want it to mean."

            "Then it's what I want it to mean."

            Now a grin crossed his face. "So we'll just go straight to sleep then."

            "No!"

            "Calm down, Holly. I know what you want to do. Pervert."

            My cheeks flamed. "I'm not a pervert!"

            "Yes you are. All you think about is sex, sex, sex."

            "I do not!"

            He shrugged, shifting the car into drive. "Put on your seatbelt, you sicko."

            Glowering at him, I snapped my seat belt and huffed. "If you think I'm a pervert, then I think you're gay."

            "Why's that?"

            "We've been together for seven months and tonight is the first time we're... making love," I mumbled, embarrassed. It was so much simpler to say have sex, but I liked the sound of making love more. Even if it was harder to say.

            Chris shook his head at me. "If I was gay, I would be dating Aaron, wouldn't I be?"

            A grin cracked on my face. "Yeah, that's true."

            "Exactly."

            "Then tonight would be the first time with him..."

            Chris wrinkled his nose in disgust. "Holly. Mental images."

            I laughed. "Kidding. He's still a minor right now."

            "Shit."

            "What's wrong?" I asked, surprised by his change of tone.