:A Surreptitious Relationship: Chapter Fifty-Two, Part Two

Two hours later, I was in a panic, turning my room upside down. It was a complete disaster by the time Casey arrived at my house to get ready with me. I was in the middle of angrily chucking my bed sheets at the wall when she poked her head in cautiously. "Holly?"

             "Hi," I responded distractedly, lifting up my pillows and throwing them on the floor. "Come here and help me."

             "Sure, but I brought a guest."

             Curiously, I turned toward the door, noticing Lexi standing beside her. I smiled warmly. "That's fine. The more the merrier! And the more help!"

             "What do you need help with?" Lexi inquired, stepping further into my room. "Cleaning?"

             I shook my head. "No, actually, I'm trying to find the key to the bangles Chris gave me. He lent me the key the other day so I could clean them, but I can't find it! If I can't find it, I can never take these things off!"

             Lexi made an ooh-ing noise. "Cartier love bangles? Those are expensive!"

             "Please don't remind me," I pleaded, wrinkling my nose. "I don't like thinking about how much money he's spent on me."

             "Do you have to clean them?" Casey questioned. "I mean, no offense, but you hardly do..."

             I made a face at her. "Normally, I wouldn't care but..." Holding up my left arm, I pointed to the sticky maroon substance on one of the bangles. "Put my arm in barbeque sauce..."

             Lexi giggled while a wide grin broke out across Casey's face. "Smooth."

             "Just shut up and help me find the key."

             "Where's your dress?" Lexi asked, peering around my room. "I want to see it!"

             "Sure, it's still in the closet," I responded, dropping to my hands and knees to search under my desk. "Where is your dress?"

             "We left them in the living room," Casey told me, hunting around my bed and side desk for the small piece of metal. "What color is the key? Silver?"

             "Uh-huh."

             "Okay."

             Lexi skipped over to my closet, pulling out the long bag that held my dress. Excited, she nearly ripped it open. "Wow! It's so pretty!"

             "I'd hope so. It took her long enough to find it."

             After shooting a dirty look at Casey, my gaze fell on the sapphire prom dress. It really was beautiful. Unlike the usual, tight-fitted dresses I owned, this one was flowing and loose. It reached just to my knees, being a little longer than usual as well. For the most part, the dress's fabric was pretty much the same— sleek and layered. If I spun, the dress would blow out before me, creating the swishy effect I've always wanted in a dress. The only tight fitting part was at the top though, because it was a strapless dress. The fabric there was silk, fitting skintight with a blue rose placed in the center of the chest. I was pretty proud of myself for finding it.

             "Compared to yours, mine is boring," Lexi complained, pouting. "I got a regular green, fitting cocktail dress."

             Casey smiled at her. "At least you can use it for semiformal occasions as well."