:A Surreptitious Relationship: Chapter Thirty-Nine

"Come on Holly, we have to leave soon."

I crossed my arms stubbornly, glaring at the floor. "No."

"It's not your fault you fell asleep."

"You're right. It's yours. I'm angry at you."

Chris rolled his eyes, dropping my overnight bag onto the wooden floor with a soft thud. "I don't understand why you're so angry."

Puffing out my cheeks, I switched my gaze to him, doing my best to keep my angry stare up as my eyes landed on his innocent gaze. "Because you let me fall asleep!"

"You were tired. It's not like I was going to shout to wake you up, Holly."

"I wasn't tired!" I protested. "You just caught me at a bad moment! I would've woken up if you'd put something more interesting on!"

He waved me off. "Why does it matter if you fell asleep or not?"

"Because!"

"Because why?"

"Because... because..."

A handsome smirk spread across his face. Cocking an eyebrow, he shuffled over to me, and squatted down so he was at my sitting height. "Ah, don't tell me. You were planning to try and seduce me, weren't you?"

"No!" I denied too quickly, my cheeks flushing pink.

"It wouldn't have worked," he informed me nonchalantly, returning to his full height. "You were already half-naked, so there goes half of the fun. Besides..." He paused, his eyes scanning over my body. "Well, never mind."

My mouth dropped. "What? No, you can't just never mind that! What were you about to say? You were going to insult me weren't you?"

Instead of replying, he turned his back on me, shoving his hand into his jeans' pockets. "We really have to go now."

"Chris!"

"If you keep bothering me about this sex thing Holly, I'll never even touch you again. You'll be a virgin forever."

"Unless I break up with you," I muttered under my breath.

He suddenly turned, a cocky expression on his face. "But you won't."

I frowned. "How do you know?"

"Have you seen me?"

Rolling my eyes, I finally pushed myself off the bed, doing my best to ignore Chris's cheeky grin. One of these days his arrogance was going to bite him in the butt, and when that day came, I was going to laugh in his face. However, I highly doubted that day would ever come. His egotistical attitude came with reason... even if he did over use it. Sighing, I headed for my overnight bag. At least I was the one who got to drive Andy's convertible back home.

For some reason Chris seemed overly amused as I dug through my bag, searching for my wallet that held my license. When I couldn't find it, I frowned, digging through my personal assets again, trying my best to locate it. After a third search, I was scowling again. "Where's my wallet?" I cried, slamming the bag back to the ground.

"On your kitchen counter," Chris remarked teasingly.

I stared at him. "You're joking..."

"Nope," he responded a grin.

"I can't believe you! That's why you told me I couldn't drive home! Because you knew I didn't have my wallet!"

He half-shrugged. "Maaaybe."

I reached for his leg, yanking it as hard as I could. "You're really a jerk! I can't believe you!"

"Hey," he protested, easily liberating his shin from my grasp. "It's not like I made you forget your wallet."