8

"Oh these are cute," I say holding up a lunch bag filled with paper that has little pictures but Cameron snatches it from me. "It's LSD," he says.

"What the fuck is that?" I ask. "Drugs."

"Have you taken these before?" I ask. "Yes many times, just last night I did after I had sex," he says and walks me further into the house.

"What does it do?" I ask.

"Makes you hallucinate," he says.

"What's in the needle on the floor?" I ask with a shriek. "Heroin," he says. We walk down a musty-smelling hall. I keep real close to him since I'm scared something is gonna jump out.

It looks like a haunted house.

He opens a door that has many locks on it. "If you are gonna kill me just say it," I say.

"No," he says.

He pulls on a piece of string then a light turns on to reveal a pair of stairs.

"Do I have to carry you down?" He asks. "The stairs look like they are gonna break," I say, gesturing to the graffitied staircase. "It's cement," he laughs.

The walls are graffitied as well.

"Is that a fucking used condom?" I exclaim with disgust at the floor. He sighs. "That is unsanitary, this house is gross I wanna go," I whine in a whisper.

He lifts his arms. "I am not letting you carry me," I say.

"Well come on and get down here," He says. "My poor shoes," I say with a pout as I step over the condom.

"That best not be yours," I say.

"No it isn't I tend to play basketball with mine," he chuckles.

"I can't tell if you are joking or not," I say. "I am joking. If I go missing while we are down here don't worry I'd probably be with Alaina," he says.

"Who is Alaina?" I ask.

"Fuck buddy," he says. "Gross I don't want to know that every time you disappear is because you are going to have sex. You best not leave me alone," I say.

"Everyone down here is gonna make fun of me aren't they, is that why you brought me here so I can know what it's like to get bullied?"

"No, I'm bringing you here so you see what I live like every day," He says.

"I skipped practice for this," I say.

We finally reach the end of the stairs. Music is playing but it's not real loud it's actually really low and it's Daddy Issues by The Neighborhood.

I love this song.

The first thing I spot is an olive skin woman straddling a man that's in a red flannel and black jeans, making out. Essence burning in the corner.

I spot another person on the floor it's a shirtless guy laying on a bag with a joint in his mouth.

Cocaine and possibly anything you could call a drug including chocolate on the coffee table that's in front of the sofa where those people are making out.

There is an ashtray as well with it full of cigarette butts.

There is a bulldog next to the people on the sofa as well.

"Do you put needles in yourself?" I whisper to him basically clinging onto him. "Sometimes."

How can someone just do that?

There is a broken tv on the floor and graffiti covers the walls down here as well.

The room reeks but not as bad as I'd think. "Poachy," he says walking up to the dog that seems excited to see him.

He pets the dog.

I'm standing awkwardly at the bottom of the steps.

"Who's the blondie?" The tatted ripped guy laying on the floor says. He has like dark blue dyed hair.

"Cat," Cameron says.

A woman walks out of a separate room from across from me. "What is someone like her doing here?" The woman is clearly drunk.

She sorta looks like Fiona Gallagher from Shameless.

Gorgeous.

"You know this chick?" The guy on the floor says. "Yes, it's Catalina Luna or Smith whatever the fuck. Her father is Gabriel Charles Smith Jr, she has a butt load of money and is selfish as fuck."

Cameron sighs. "Alaina, calm down," he says with a frown.

Oh, so that's Alaina.

The girl he's gonna disappear on me with.

"No, while she's living the dream we are out here sleeping in gutters!"

"It isn't her fault for fuck sake," Cameron says raising his voice.

"Why is she here?" Alaina scowls.

"She is here because I asked her to," he says. "Why would she do anything for anyone but herself?"

"Will you calm the fuck down?" Cameron says.

"Why? Is she gonna cry? No wonder her friends call her kitty she's a fucking pussy!" I'm terrified.

I turn around and walk up the stairs as quickly as possible.

I'd rather be a coward than getting beat up by her. My eyes water as I try my best to hurry out of the house.

When I exit the house I look around. I don't know my way out of here.

I pull my phone out of my pocket with tears streaming down my face. He can keep the dress and sell it, I don't wanna be near this house again.

I walk down the street hoping the people on bikes and at the other trashed houses will leave me alone while I get to a safe feeling place.

I decide jogging is a good option other than walking.

When I look back I don't even see Cameron. He must have stayed inside. What he doesn't know is that I snatched something from that house.

A whole bag of weed.

I don't want to be known as a pussy anymore or selfish. I wanna be liked by everyone including the streets people.

when I reach the intersection that leads to the highway I walk down off of it and down the path that's under the bridge. Still seeing signs of graffiti and drugs.