17

Sitting all alone with a spare seat next to me. I never usually feel alone but right now I do. I don't like being alone in places like this. That's why I always have friends with me.

But apparently, i'm not good enough anymore.

At least Cameron is spending time with his dad like my mum is with mine.

I get some peace and I don't think Cameron knows which room i'm in so he won't magically appear because I want him here.

I've never wanted someone so much.

Or craved someone.

I don't know what he's done to me.

I went from this girl that wanted attention from all the popular kids and now the one I really want to give me attention prefers other women that aren't like me.

I'm far from his type.

He'll never be attracted to someone like me, he'll never like me the way he does Alaina and those other girls.

Butterflies in my stomach are telling me to stay away from him but I simply can't, I don't know what the warning is but I'm sure I'll learn my lesson if something happens.

But would anything mean anything to him?

Like if we had sex, would it just be sex? Or more? What about the kisses we've shared, did he feel just as weak as I do from his touch?

No. I'm just a spoilt brat to him and like I've been told many times.

No one likes a spoilt brat.

Maybe if I change will he start to like me? What if I try and be more like Alaina, would he like me?

If I be a snob that dresses in baggy clothes and does drugs and drinks all day.

Then would he like me?

Why am I making such a fuss over a boy while I watch the Opera? I mentally scream and stand to look over the edge, down at him since he is below where I sit.

But.

He isn't there. His dad is alone down there with a drink he looks happy on his own though.

I switch sides and look to where my parents are. Mum is laughing at something my dad probably said.

Wish I could find someone that would look at me the way my dad does to my mum.

They are so deeply in love.

My mum is six years younger than my dad her being thirty-nine and yet she looks mid-twenties.

She is gorgeous and my father is handsome they are a perfect match and he treats her like she is his world.

I hope to find someone like my dad. He's sweet and so gentle with my mum like he'd break her if he were too rough yet can also put her in her place if they fight, which is rare, they always look so happy but there is always a dark side to perfect marriages they just keep it hidden and solve their marriage problems in private.

I decided to check one more time on the other side to see if Cameron was back. When I look I see him down there with Alaina.

Why the fuck is Alaina here!

Way to make me feel even more shitty.

I move away when I see Alaina looking around, when I peek back his arm is around her waist. She smiles and they kiss.

She has what I want and I don't like it. When they pull away it's like he's introducing her to his father.

She shakes his hand with that stupid fucking smile.

This stupid scenario playing in my head about what they are saying.

I fucking hate her. She's too gorgeous and here I am feeling like a 2 when she is a 10. With her around, I feel self-conscious.

It's a good day to cry and i've done a lot of crying but crying, even more, won't hurt.

I can use the excuse. 'The song was just so beautiful'.

He sits on his seat and she sits on his lap.

This is hurting me so much but I just wanna see what happens. She's off of him again and they both stand and walk out of the room.

I can't see them now, what are they gonna do?

I start getting anxious.

They are going to have sex, aren't they? They probably already fucked and that's why he was gone.

I move away from the edge and sit back in my seat.

I take deep breaths to try and calm myself down.

But of course, I can't hold anything in so I burst into tears. "Why are you crying?" I turn my head and see Cameron there and the obvious Alaina behind him.

He walks to the seat next to me and sits down, Alaina casually coming up and sitting on his lap.

"Nothing," I say and wipe my eyes when I look away from him.

This feels so awkward.

I fold my arms over my chest and continue watching the show, trying to keep my mind off of the fact that I hear them kissing.

The tears won't stop but my face is straight and i'm just ignoring them.

They can't exactly really see me since the Opera room is dark. I stand up, I can't stay in here. "Hey, where you goin'?"

"Why do you care?" I ask but walk out before he could answer.

I walk down the stairs in search of my parent's room. When I find it I enter it.

"Hey sweetie," Mum says then takes a sip of her drip.

"I'm gonna go," I say. "What, why? You love the Opera," She says.

"I don't feel good cramping from my ladies," I say. "Drive back safety we'll be back soon, don't wait up for us if you are tired," she says and kisses my cheek.

This was why I brought my car.

"Bye Mama," I say. "If you want me to come just say it or we can talk later?" She says noticing that I'm crying.

Dad stands. "Why are you crying?" He asks cupping my cheeks and removing the tears from them with his thumbs.

"Can I talk about it tomorrow?" I ask.

"No rush whatever you wanna talk about we'll wait for," Mum says.

I hug them both then walk away after saying goodbye. I clutch my purse then open it to grab my keys.

I walk back up the stairs and hear giggles as I pass by the area I was originally in then walk down the other stairs to the exit way.

Was this his plan?

He was trying to bubble me up before and now Alaina is here, was she coming here the whole time was this all a setup to punish me for always getting what I want?

I knew my dad wouldn't last a day taking everything from me so I got given one of my cars back which is the red Mercedes.

I enter my car and don't waste any more time leaving.