Dress Shopping

After my last class I headed to the front entrance of school where Grace's mom was picking us up and taking us to the mall to go get our dresses. I turned the corner, as I was passing a supply closet two arms shot out and grabbed me. The two arms pulled me inside. It was dark for a few seconds but then the lights came on. Jack was standing inches from my face smirking at me. Jack hadn't been at lunch so this was the first time I had seen him since this morning.

"Why weren't you at lunch?" I ask him in a hushed tone.

"Mrs. Bird made me stay after class to clean her board." He exclaims.

"Oh, well I missed you." I reply gently touching his arm.

"I missed you too." He says grining at me.

"So why did you pull me into this closet?" I ask looking around the small, dimly lit room.

"Well I wanted to ask if you wanted to tell people about us or wait until later?" He asks looking at me intently.

"I think we should wait I don't want the guys to feel left out, plus I don't know how they will react." I say carefully making sure it's okay with him.

"Yeah my thoughts exactly." He says nodding his head in agreement.

"Okay, well I have to go Grace is probably wondering where I am." I say ruefully.

"We're still on for tonight, right?" He asks.

"Of course we are." I say as he wraps his arms around me. We stand there for a couple seconds neither of us wanting to leave. He lets go of me. I wave as I open the door and leave heading for the front entrance. When I get there Grace is waiting for me.

"Ready to go?" She asks gesturing towards the door. I nod my head,not trusting myself, fearing that I will say something to Grace about Jack and I. We climb into Grace's car and drive off to the mall. When we arrive at the mall we head into Macy's, we search through racks of dresses and pick out a few to try on. After we head over to the dressing room. I come out and show Grace my first dress when I come out Grace has a huge smile on her face.

"That dress is beautiful." She says in a sing song voice. "I don't think you even need to try anymore dresses on." She says with a laugh. I turn to look at myself in the mirror I did look amazing. The purple strapless dress had a bunch of jewels on the front side that went down to my waist. It was shorter in the front and longer in the back. Grace was right it was perfect I decided I was going to get it. Next Grace went, she tried on about 7 dresses all of them were awful until the last one. It was red with criss cross ribbon in the front with sliver lining on it. It cinched at the waist and then flowed out it was perfect. Next was shoes I picked out just plain tan peep-toe heels. Grace picked sleek black closed heels. It was perfect. We payed for our stuff then left.

"Hey wanna grab a bite to eat?" Grace asks as we get into her mom's car. I was about to say yes when I remembered that I was gonna see Jack so I decided against it. I texted Jack and told him to meet me at my house. When we got to my house I said goodbye to Grace and thanked her mom. Then I headed inside. I couldn't wait to see Jack.

********************************************************************************************

Tell me what you guys thought don't forget to fan and vote! Thanks for reading!!!! COMMENT!!!!

~Abby <3