The Pain

Kim's POV

I woke up and groaned I didn't get much sleep because I was in so much pain the doctor gave me pain medication but I can only take it ever six hours.

"Hey there sleepy head." I jump at Jack's voice, I look over and I see Jack sitting on my windowsill bench looking at me. He had a blanket on him and his hair was a little messed up, suggesting that he had slept there.

"You scared me." I state. "Did you sleep here?" I ask.

"Yeah, is there a problem with that?" He asks raising an eyebrow at me.

"No only that you're too far away." I whine gesturing for him to come here. He rolls his eyes and comes over to my bed, I pull back the covers and pat the spot next to me. He climbs in and I snuggle up to his chest and he kisses my head.

"Do you remember me helping you last night?" Jack asks as he puts his arm around me.

"No I just remember being in a lot of pain." I reply looking up at him.

"Yeah I know you were in tears." Jack says looking down at me.

"What I was not." I defend.

"Yes you were, and it's okay you were in a lot of pain." Jack replies.

"Okay fine I do remember crying but never speak of it!." I say through clinched teeth.

"Okay Okay, I won't." Jack reassures me. All of a sudden my bedroom door opens and my sister pops her head in.

"Good morning!" She cheers. Then she notices Jack and gives us a look. "What are you guys doing?"

"We weren't doing anything, he slept over there." I say pointing to my windowsill bench. "It's not like we could do anything anyway I have a cast on my leg." I say gesturing to the thick cast on my leg. Payson nods and continues talking.

"Okay, okay good point." She sighs and comes sit at the end of the bed. "You guys want so breakfast?" Payson asks looking at us.

"Yeah I'm starving." I say rubbing my stomach.

"Yeah I haven't eaten since lunch of yesterday." Jack adds.

"Okay I'll go make some pancakes." Payson says getting up and leaving.

"Ah, man my crutches are downstairs." I say turning to Jack.

"It's okay I'll carry you downstairs." Jack says standing up a walking around to my side of the bed. He holds his arms out so he can grab me. He slips his hands underneath me and pull me up close to him bridal style.

"Ow, Ow, Ow." I wince as he pick me up.

"Sorry," Jack says scrunching his face up.

"It's okay." I sigh the pain easing a little. I wrap my arms around Jack's neck and he starts down the stairs, he carries me to the living room and sets me down on the couch causing me to wince again. "Hey Jack, can you go get my pain medicine?" I ask batting my eyelashes and Jack a little. He rolls his eyes at me because he knows I'm not that type of girl.

"Anything for you Kimmy-cub" Jack says talking to me in a baby voice and taps me on the nose. I glare at him as he walks into the kitchen. He comes back with my medicine and a glass of water.

"Thanks." I say as Jack hands me the stuff. I take it and put the glass of water down on the coffee table I sigh and throw my head back and sigh loudly.

"How long does it usually take for the medicine to work?" Jack asks picking up a throw pillow and putting my leg on it to keep it elevated.

"About 30 minutes." I answer as Jack picks up my head and sits down then lays my head back down on his lap.