Should I Stay or Should I Go?

Jack's POV

I didn't ask Kim why she was crying, I would find out later, right now she just needs to be held. I picked her up and carried her into bed, she was still balling her eyes out. We layed down in the bed her head on my chest, soaking my shirt with her tears; but it didn't bother me. After about ten more minutes of sobbing Kim drifts off to sleep. After I was sure she was asleep I slipped out of bed. I quietly left the room and headed to Rudy's room to tell him what was going on and what he thought I should do. I knocked softly on the door and waited for Rudy to answer the door. He opens the door and invites me in. "Kim knows doesn't she?" He asks sadly, sitting down on the end of his bed.

"Knows what?" I ask a confused look on my face.

"About her dad." He states.

"What about him?" I ask still completely clueless.

"He died." Rudy replies sadly.

"What?" I gasp. "How?"

"That I am sure Kim doesn't know and I should wait until she does know to tell you." He says walking me over to the door. "Go back to your room and just be there for her okay?" Rudy says opening the door for me. I nod my head and walk back to Kim and I's room. As soon as I open the door I hear Kim's sobs coming from the bathroom. The door to the bathroom was open and Kim was standing in front of the mirror, gripping the sink so hard that her knuckles were white. I stop in the doorway just watching her I didn't know what to do. Kim glances up at her reflection in the mirror then she sees me behind her. She turns around and runs straight into my chest, I wrap my arms around her.

"I thought you left..." Kim whimpers into my chest.

"Never." I whisper resting my chin on her head. "Come on, let's go back to bed." I say guiding her to the bed and climbing in with her.

"I never got to say goodbye." Kim whispers and I know she is talking about her dad. She hadn't seen him in months and now she never will.

"I know." I say. We were laying down facing each other, she cried herself to sleep that night and once she was asleep, I layed on my back and stared at the ceiling thinking about what Rudy had said to me earlier. He had known about Kim's dad before I did and maybe even she did. It just didn't make any sense. I eventually fall asleep myself.

Kim's POV

I woke up and sat up the sun was high in the sky already I looked at the clock that was on the nightstand next to the bed. It was noon, Jack was still asleep next to me. My mind goes back to last night and all the crying. I was all cried out. I throw off the cover and go into the bathroom to get ready for the day. When I come out Jack was stretching, his back was to me. "Good morning." I greet Jack as I walk over to the dresser to get a hair tie so I can put my hair up.

"Good morning." Jack says seeming a bit confused. "Are you okay and why are you wearing your gi?" Jack asks raising an eyebrow at me.

"Because today is the second day of the tournament." I reply ignoring his first question.

"Yeah I know that and you didn't answer my first question." Jack says walking over to where I am standing. I put down the brush I was using and turn to face Jack.

"I'm going to be fine." I say.

"Are you sure your fine enough to compete?" Jack asks.

"Jack the best thing for me to do right now would be to keep mind off of everything, so I'm competing today." I state and a smile spreads across Jack's face. "What?" I ask looking up at Jack.

"Nothing." Jack says shaking his head. All of a sudden he pulls me into a hug.

"Jack. Can't Breathe." I gasp.