Wake up....Please?

Jack's POV

 I watch as Kim runs away, I'm such an idiot, I should have let her blow off the steam and just listened instead of trying to defend Kim's family's decision. When Kim is out of sight I finally snap out of it and head in the direction of Kim's house. I know there is no way Kim will let me in but with any luck Payson will answer the door. When I get to the door I knock and hold my breath waiting for the door to open. Luckily Payson answers the door. "Kim's upstairs." Payson doesn't even ask why I'm here. I nod at her and head up the stairs as I approach Kim's door I hear the shattering of a glass. I throw the door open but I don't see Kim. I walk around her bed and see her laying on the bathroom floor. I run over to her, she has a huge gash on her arm, I'm guessing the cut is from a shard of glass that was on the floor.

"Kim! Kim? Come on wake up.....please?" I scream at Kim shaking her frantically. "Payson!" I scream over my shoulder and I hear her footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Oh my god." Payson gasps when she sees Kim lying on the floor.

"Payson call 911!" I shout at her and she nods her head pulling out her cellphone. My eyes dart around the bathroom looking for clues as to what had happened, my eyes land of the bottle of pills tipped over on it's side the pill spilling out onto the counter. "No no no no no." I mummer to myself rising from my knees and walking over to the counter where the pills were, there weren't a lot of pills left.

"The paramedics are on their way." Payson says breathlessly from the doorway of the bathroom. "What happened?" Payson asks pushing some of her hair back. I hold up the almost empty bottle of pills and Payson gasps her hand flying to her mouth as she begins to cry. We hear the sirens of the ambulance as it pulls up in front of the house. I scoop Kim up off the floor and fly down the stairs meeting the paramedics at the front door. I place her on the waiting stretcher and watch as the paramedics check for a pulse.

"She's still breathing, but barely, we need oxygen now!" One of the paramedics shouts. I watch them put a mask over Kim's face and load her into the back of the ambulance. "Are you coming with us?" The same paramedic asks me and I shake my head. They shut the doors and speed off in the direction of the hospital.

"Come on Jack." Payson calls to me as she rushes to her car. I shove my hands into my pockets and look at the ground not moving from my spot. "Jack she needs you." Payson says coming up behind me.

"It's my fault." I choke out.

"What are you talking about?" Payson questions tilting her head.

"We had a fight....she was already struggling and I just added to it." I exclaim.

"Jack don't be ridiculous." Payson says grabbing my shoulders and spinning me around to look at her. "You alone are not to blame, she has a lot going on right now." Payson assures me. "Now we need to get to that hospital." Payson leads me to the car and I get in the passenger side. We drive in silence the whole way to the hospital.

Kim's POV

I don't see anything at first, I just hear a steady beeping sound and the low mummers of some people. When I finally do open my eyes I am staring straight into the teary eyes of my mother, someone I haven't seen in months. Her sad eyes brighten a little when I lock eyes with her. "Hey honey." My mom says sweetly her voice cracking a bit as she speaks. She is trying to smile but I can see all the pain in her eyes. Before I can reply to my mother someone knocks on the door, my mother and I look at the door to see Jack's mom standing in the doorway.

"Kim, I'm glad to see that you are okay." Mrs. Brewer says giving me a small smile, she looks like she has been crying too. "Johanna are you ready to go?" Mrs. Brewer asks turning her attention to my mom. She nods then looks back at me.