[CH15]It's a date (Not Really) (OR IS IT)

Author = [Hello]
Actions = Sigh
Emphasizing = Why
Thoughts = 'Why'
Speaking = "Why"
Neo TTS = >Why<
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/n Pov

I wake up in a cold sweat and frantically survey the area.

Me-"Sighs I'm still here. Moves hand to head How long has it been since I slept?" I question as I start thinking back. 'I think the last time I properly slept was the blood transfusion in Yharnem.'

'I forgot how much I liked it. Too bad those thoughts still linger...' I think as I look up to see the bloodied face of Lady Maria. "I'm sorry..."

It lingers there unresponsive. As all apparitions that haunt me do. Just another demon of the past I long to get over.

Me-'No use trying any further. I need some fresh air.'

And so I get it. Swatting away the pale faced woman I make my way to the door of the warehouse and leave. The sun hasn't come up and the street lights were still active on this cold night. And I just walk with no destination in mind. Finally alone after so long I get to truly be alone with my thoughts.

Me-"I'm not edgy. I'm not a sword am I?" I state as I question the people of this world that i've met. "Why do they call me such a thing? It just makes no sense. Like the unrelenting dread i'd feel every time I tried to climb anything that wasn't a ladder..."

"Glad that feelings finally gone." This got me thinking about my past. "God what..." I stop myself and look around. "Usually people of this world cut me off when I try to actually think about it..."

Suddenly I feel a buzzing in the satchel of my armor and I feel a sense of annoyed vindication as I pull out the scroll. Opening it I see what is called a text and read it.

Neo:(⁀ᗢ⁀) Hey Horace! Anri told me your name btw (T▽T)! I'm texting you because we forgot to set up the time for our date. ヽ(゜~゜o)ノ

Y/n:I see... well, let's get this over with as soon as possible.

Neo:´・ᴗ・'Alright! Well, here's the location of my favorite ice cream place!  ♡^▽^♡ I'll meet you outside it at noon. Don't be late!(┳◇┳)

Y/n:I'm rarely late.

Closing the messages app I open what's called a gps and input the location. I nearly jump when the damned machine begins to speak to me. I then realize it's telling me how to get to where I need to go so I follow it. Eventually I find Neo standing outside a very colorful building and call out to her. She jumps and turns to me with a large grin before she began waving at me happily.

•He takes a bite of the iced creams and falls in love before scarfing it down and getting a brain freeze.

I slam a fist on the table, leaving a few cracks, while clutching my head with the other before blurting out something I didn't want people to hear.

Me-"Gah fuck! This is worse than a Winter Lantern!"

>A what?<

Me-"Voice hitches I'd... i'd rather not say..."

>Oh.. ok...< She pauses. >So Horace. You said you're an orphan yeah? Do you have any memory of your family before the grimm?<

Me-"Wow cutting deep aren't ya?" I fake a bit of laughter before thinking. "Know what? I'll tell you. As payment for the ice cream."

"Genuinely, I don't remember much of it. I knew I had a family. They weren't my blood but they were mine. At least, that's what I thought before the world around me turned to shit. Next thing you know i'm alone and confused sitting in some cell."